ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Minor League Baseball™ (MiLB™), in partnership with BUSH'S® Beans, announced today that 11 Minor League Baseball teams will provide a donation to a charitable organization of their choice as part of #GivingTuesday, a movement that celebrates and supports giving and philanthropic events at the start of
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Minor League Baseball™ (MiLB™), in partnership with BUSH'S® Beans, announced today that 11 Minor League Baseball teams will provide a donation to a charitable organization of their choice as part of #GivingTuesday, a movement that celebrates and supports giving and philanthropic events at the start of the holiday season, on Tuesday, Nov. 27.
Since its inaugural year in 2012, Giving Tuesday has been a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving and the popular shopping holidays Black Friday and Cyber Monday, the event kicks off the giving season each year by inspiring people to give back.
This summer, players in select leagues were awarded the BUSH'S Most Valuable Player Award following their leagues' All-Star Games. In addition to the award, BUSH'S Beans and each team of an MVP Award recipient will make a monetary donation to a charitable organization chosen by the team.
The following organizations will receive a donation:
- • Feeding Tampa Bay - Tampa Tarpons (Diego Castillo, Florida State League MVP)
- • Winston-Salem Sports Foundation - Winston-Salem Dash (Joel Booker, Carolina League MVP)
- • Let Them Play Foundation - Stockton Ports (Dairon Blanco, California League MVP)
- • Down Syndrome of South Central Kentucky - Bowling Green Hot Rods (Ronaldo Hernandez, Midwest League Home Run Derby champion)
- • God's Pantry - Lexington Legends (Nick Pratto, South Atlantic League MVP)
- • Driscoll Children's Hospital - Corpus Christi Hooks (Taylor Jones, Texas League MVP)
- • Feedmore - Richmond Flying Squirrels (Luigi Rodriguez, Eastern League MVP)
- • Inter-Faith Food Shuttle - Durham Bulls (Keon Wong, International League MVP)
- • Locker 505 - Albuquerque Isotopes (Josh Fuentes, Pacific Coast League MVP)
- • Keizer CERT - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes (Diego Rincones, Northwest League MVP)
- • Kids Aid Colorado - Grand Junction Rockies (Coco Montes, Pioneer Baseball League MVP)
- • HeartShare Human Services - Brooklyn Cyclones (Ross Adolph, New York-Penn League MVP)
"We are fortunate to work in an industry that provides us many opportunities to give back to our communities, and Minor League Baseball is honored to team up with our partner BUSH'S Beans to help those who need assistance this holiday season," said David Wright, Chief Marketing and Commercial Officer for Minor League Baseball.
"It is truly inspiring to see how MiLB clubs and their local communities support each other," said Mike Morris, Senior Brand Manager at Bush Brothers & Company. "We are proud to recognize the contributions of each BUSH'S All-Star MVP Award winner by joining with his team to contribute to a local charity."Click here
to learn more about the long-term partnership Minor League Baseball and BUSH'S Beans, the "Official Beans of Minor League Baseball," cooked up in 2016.
Minor League Baseball, headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida, is the governing body for all professional baseball teams in the United States, Canada and the Dominican Republic that are affiliated with Major League Baseball®
clubs through their farm systems. Fans are coming out in unprecedented numbers to this one-of-a-kind experience that can only be found at Minor League Baseball ballparks. In 2017, Minor League Baseball attracted 41.8 million fans to its ballparks to see the future stars of the sport hone their skills. From the electricity in the stands to the excitement on the field, Minor League Baseball has provided affordable family-friendly entertainment to people of all ages since its founding in 1901. For more information visit MiLB.com
Follow Minor League Baseball on Facebook
BUSH'S® is all about friends & family, and a certain Secret Family Recipe. When you enjoy our beans (doesn't matter if they're Baked Beans, Chili Beans, Black Beans, Pinto Beans…well, you get the picture), you can trust that they're the very best. Because we wouldn't serve your family anything less. Since we got our start 110 years ago in Chestnut Hill, Tenn., BUSH'S® has always maintained that quality is the best policy. We pursue excellence and exceptional taste in our beans, sauces and everything we do. That's why, from mouthwatering Baked Beans & Chili Beans to satisfying bean recipes, you're cooking up the best with BUSH'S BEST®. For more information, visit www.bushbeans.com
, like us on Facebook
or follow BUSH'S® Beans on Instagram