The Show Before the Show: Episode 146
Remembering the Maine Guides' short-lived stay in Triple-A
Check out the latest episode of The Show Before the Show, MiLB.com's official podcast. A segment rundown is listed below, in case you want to skip to a particular section. Like the podcast? Subscribe, rate and review The Show Before the Show on iTunes. The podcast is also available via
Check out the latest episode of The Show Before the Show, MiLB.com's official podcast. A segment rundown is listed below, in case you want to skip to a particular section. Like the podcast? Subscribe, rate and review The Show Before the Show on iTunes. The podcast is also available via the Stitcher app and Google Play. Send your questions and feedback to [email protected]. You can follow hosts Tyler Maun (@TylerMaun) and Sam Dykstra (@SamDykstraMiLB) on Twitter.
Listen to The Show Before the Show Podcast »
Recommended readingThree Strikes (5:48)
Maine Guides discussion (29:19)
- Pitchers and catchers report to locales across Arizona and Florida next week as all 30 clubs officially open Spring Training camps. Tyler and Sam open by talking about which organizations have the most interesting prospect storylines.
- Because pitchers and catchers are on everyone's minds, the guys move to a discussion of their current favorite pitcher-catcher prospect combinations.
- Finally, the Philadelphia Eagles won their first Super Bowl title on Sunday. How long will fans in the City of Brotherly Love have to wait before the Phillies contend for a title of their own?
Settling a bet (51:37)
- Josh Jackson provides details on his recent MiLB.com story about how the small town of Old Orchard Beach, Maine supported a Triple-A club in the 1980s.
Wrapping up (57:08)
- Benjamin Hill was on his way to Hartford to help the Yard Goats release their promotional schedule and was unable to do his usual segment. He did, however, deliver a poem for Sam to read, finalizing the Super Bowl bet involving their two favorite NFL teams. The soaring ode is entitled, "Oh Philadelphia."