Check out the latest episode of The Show Before the Show, MiLB.com's official podcast. A segment rundown is listed below, in case you want to skip to a particular section. Like the podcast? Subscribe, rate and review The Show Before the Show on iTunes. The podcast is also available via
Check out the latest episode of The Show Before the Show, MiLB.com's official podcast. A segment rundown is listed below, in case you want to skip to a particular section. Like the podcast? Subscribe, rate and review The Show Before the Show on iTunes. The podcast is also available via the Stitcher app and Google Play. Send your questions and feedback to [email protected]. You can follow hosts Tyler Maun (@TylerMaun) and Sam Dykstra (@SamDykstraMiLB) on Twitter.
Listen to The Show Before the Show Podcast
Recommended readingThree Strikes (2:34)
Taylor Hearn interview (16:26)
- The Major League Baseball non-waiver trade deadline passed at 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday with many prospects moving to new organizations. Tyler and Sam open the show with a discussion about which farm systems improved the most.
- It's not just organizations as a whole that can find themselves in new situations post-deadline. Sometimes the prospects themselves can benefit in big ways by changing teams. The guys talk about which players fit that bill in Strike Two.
- Several of the game's top 100 prospects received internal promotions this past week, and the co-hosts break down which callups are the most meaningful.
Ben's Biz Banter (39:03)
- Hearn was dealt from the Pirates to the Rangers for reliever Keone Kela. The newest No. 7 Texas prospect reveals the full story on how he found about the trade and also goes deep on his roots in the Lone Star State, his growth from being a thrower to a pitcher and how a previous trade helped him deal with this latest transaction.
Wrapping up (49:22)
- MiLB.com's Benjamin Hill talks about his conversation with Braves legend Dale Murphy in Bristol and previews his upcoming trips throughout the northeast.