Check out the latest episode of The Show Before the Show, MiLB.com's official podcast. A segment rundown is listed below, in case you want to skip to a particular section. Like the podcast? Subscribe, rate and review The Show Before the Show on iTunes. Send your questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can follow hosts Tyler Maun (@TylerMaun) and Sam Dykstra (@SamDykstraMiLB) on Twitter.
Listen to The Show Before the Show Podcast »
Three Strikes (3:56)
- Sam and Tyler talk about Sam's ongoing grand jury duty in Manhattan this week, which has kept the reporter from the office. Sam speculates about the impending blizzard targeting New York before discussing the end of the Venezuelan Summer League and how it may effect the Domincan Summer League and Gulf Coast League.
- The guys jump into Prospect Projections for the National League East, discussing Steven Matz's lookout for 2016 and how the Nationals will handle Trea Turner's first full season in the organization.
- Tyler and Sam wrap up the segment with a look at how Minor League teams in California have dealt with the ongoing state-wide drought and water restrictions in regards to maintaining their ballparks and facilities.
MLB Pipeline Rankings (21:20)
- MLB.com's latest prospect rankings are out, giving Tyler and Sam a chance to pick out some of the more interesting names like Red Sox No. 5 prospect Anderson Espinoza and Rangers No. 3 Dillon Tate.
Kelsie Heneghan interview (43:00)
- MiLB.com's Kelsie Heneghan joins the show to discuss her feature on Houston right-handed prospect Chris Devenski, a 25-year-old who used baseball to avoid a life of gangs and drugs.
Ben's Biz Banter (55:15)
- Ben Hill isn't around this week, but Tyler still checks in on some business news, including the Hartford Yard Goats' ballpark construction delays that point toward a late-May opening.
Wrapping up (57:20)