Check out the latest episode of The Show Before the Show, MiLB.com's official podcast. A segment rundown is listed below, in case you want to skip to a particular section. Like the podcast? Subscribe, rate and review The Show Before the Show on iTunes. Send your questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can follow hosts Tyler Maun (@TylerMaun) and Sam Dykstra (@SamDykstraMiLB) on Twitter.
Listen to The Show Before the Show Podcast »
Three Strikes (2:55)
- Tyler and Sam open up the show by talking about the trade from last week that sent Jean Segura and Tyler Wagner from the Brewers to the D-backs for Major Leaguers Aaron Hill and Chase Anderson and prospect Isan Diaz. They tackle just exactly what Milwaukee got in Diaz and what the deal means for Brewers prospect Orlando Arcia's Major League opportunity.
- MLB.com's top-100 prospect list was revealed last week, so the guys give their brief thoughts on which players at the top of the rankings should make Major League impacts in 2016.
- Our two co-hosts close out the podcast's opening segment by discussing Josh Jackson's piece on how some of the game's top pitching prospects have dealt with some of the worst starts of their careers.
Max Kepler interview (16:10)
- Rather appropriately, Max Kepler, MLB.com's No. 44 overall prospect, joined the 44th edition of The Show Before the Show as the guest this week. Kepler spoke with Tyler and Sam about his breakout 2015 season, his Major League debut, a stacked Twins farm system and what it was like to grow up playing baseball as the son of two ballet dancers in Berlin.
Ben's Biz Banter (28:52)
- MiLB.com's Benjamin Hill joins for his weekly podcast segment to talk about his latest stories on how Johns Hopkins University students and faculty are working to create schedules in three Minor League circuits and how the Frisco RoughRiders are hoping to install a lazy river just beyond their outfield fence.
Wrapping up (42:04)