Check out the latest episode of The Show Before the Show, MiLB.com's official podcast. A segment rundown is listed below, in case you want to skip to a particular section. Like the podcast? Subscribe, rate and review The Show Before the Show on iTunes. The podcast is also available via the Stitcher app. Send your questions and feedback to email@example.com. You can follow hosts Tyler Maun (@TylerMaun) and Sam Dykstra (@SamDykstraMiLB) on Twitter.
Listen to The Show Before the Show Podcast »
Three Strikes (2:40)
- Tyler and Sam begin the podcast by discussing the big news of the week -- the Braves' decision to promote top prospect Dansby Swanson from Double-A Mississippi straight to the Major Leagues -- and how the move impacts their perceptions of last year's swap involving Swanson, Aaron Blair and Shelby Miller.
- Indians No. 4 prospect Francisco Mejia's 50-game hitting streak came to an end over the weekend, so the co-hosts look back on one of the biggest stories of the Minor League season and the somewhat controversial way the streak reached 49.
- Sam, who attended Tuesday's New York-Penn League All-Star Game with his colleague Kelsie Heneghan, shares what he learned about two of the circuit's most dominant players -- Hudson Valley left-hander Travis Ott and Lowell outfielder Tyler Hill.
Nick Solak interview (40:15)
- Yankees second-rounder Nick Solak talked to Sam at the NYPL All-Star Game about the start to his pro career, the close to his college days at Louisville, the amount of top talent the Cardinals produced in this year's Draft and what it's like to play so close yet so far from the Bronx at Class A Short Season Staten Island.
Ben's Biz Banter (48:55)
- Back in New York from his recent trip out west, MiLB.com's Benjamin Hill joins the show for his weekly segment to talk about his final stops with the Tri-City Dust Devils and Spokane Indians. He also opined on the Triple-A return of reliever Matt Capps, who is attempting a Major League comeback at Reno.
Wrapping up (1:07:11)