Click here for a rendering of the stadium entrance
Click here for a rendering of the additions from the field level
Click here for a rendering of the inside of the club level
GRAND CHUTE, WI - The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers began playing in Time Warner Cable Field at Fox Cities Stadium in 1995. If players from that season come back to see a game at the home of the Midwest League affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers in 2013, they won't recognize the place. Appleton Professional Baseball is announcing a major renovation to their stadium.
The major addition to the stadium will be a second level behind home plate that is to include six suites and a club level with seating for 250. The new club level will be available to groups and individual fans during games. Additionally, the club level will double as banquet space during non-baseball events and may be used 365 days a year.
The renovations will also include the following:
* - An expanded team store that will double the size of the current store
* - Expansion of two concession stands that will increase points of sale by 50%
* - Additional restrooms that will double the number currently available
* - An expanded customer service center
* - A larger administrative office
* - An improved home clubhouse that will include a new player lounge, a new meeting area, and expansions to the weight room, the training room, and coach's offices
* - Additional storage areas for team, food and beverage, and merchandise
* - Replacing the current cement block façade of the stadium
The Timber Rattlers became the Midwest League affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers for the 2009 season. Since that time, attendance at Time Warner Cable Field at Fox Cities Stadium has risen by 25% and the fan base of the Timber Rattlers has grown to include a greater portion of Wisconsin.
"This is our eighteenth season of baseball here," said Timber Rattlers president Rob Zerjav. "This renovation will propel the stadium back into the top echelon of Minor League Baseball stadiums in season nineteen and beyond."
Boldt Construction will start work on the renovations - which were designed Pendulum Studio in Kansas City, Missouri - on the day after the 2012 season ends. The renovations will be completed in time for the start of the 2013 season.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.