The Missoula Paddleheads are a minor league baseball team located in Missoula, Montana. The franchise is a member of the Pioneer League "Pioneer League (baseball)"). We have been part of the Missoula community since 1999 and proudly acknowledge the Pioneer League championship wins in 1999, 2006, 2012 and
The Missoula Paddleheads are a minor league baseball team located in Missoula, Montana. The franchise is a member of the Pioneer League. We have been part of the Missoula community since 1999 and proudly acknowledge the Pioneer League championship wins in 1999, 2006, 2012 and 2015.
The Accounting Manager is a hands-on, individual contributor who works directly with the ownership group and the leadership team to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting and analysis to support day-to-day decision while ensuring proper internal controls and efficient and effective operations through fiscal discipline.
This role is responsible for all accounting functions using QuickBooks, with the exception of payroll processing, cash control, payroll tax compliance and corporate tax reporting. The successful candidate loves numbers, is deeply curious and committed to the wisdom good financial analysis can provide and enjoys over-communicating this information to the team. This is a full-time, year-round role that may require on-site contribution to events during the active baseball season.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works directly with Directors to develop and implement systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting key financial information to ensure fiscal competency and responsibility across the organization.
- Evaluate and make improvements to accounting processes while ensuring that practices comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Accomplishes all accounting activities which includes processing accounts receivable, accounts payable, sales invoices, credit card reconciliation, employee expense reports in QuickBooks.
- Works with the leadership team to create, manage and distribute timely financial reports against the budget and key scorecard metrics.
- Works collaboratively with Directors to ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial information coming from our internal systems, to include our Point of Sale (POS), Ticket System (Ticket Return), Sales Contract Database (SCORE) and Group Sales Database (Group Matix).
- Performs daily and month end accounting functions; ensures the month-end and year-end closes are completed timely and accurately.
- Attends events during the active event and baseball season (April through October), which may require weekend and evening participation, to ensure a deep understanding of our business model.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of GAAP and understanding of financial statements
- Ability to navigate a fast-moving organization, quickly gain business insight and influence and communicate with transparency
- Problem solving expertise with a deep curiosity to identify operational opportunities and provide leadership to close those gaps through the development of financial maturity across the organization
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite; proficiency with Excel
- Possess strong collaboration and communication skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or equivalent experience and education
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in accounting with demonstrated growth in responsibilities.
Interested candidates can send their interest to [email protected]. Please include your salary requirements and a description of how your experience aligns with the key requirements. Unfortunately, candidates without referencing this information will not be considered.
No phone calls please.