Fifth Third Field has gone to the birdies! The ballpark has transformed into a 36-hole miniature golf course. The Links at Fifth Third Field, presented by Hall of Framers & Meyer Hill Lynch, is open to the public September 26-28.
This is the first time a minor league ballpark has been turned into a mini-golf course. "I always thought it would be interesting to see a natural grass putt-putt course," says Jake Tyler, Sports Turf Manager. "The timing is perfect to create this once in a lifetime opportunity for our community."
Tyler designed and constructed both 18-hole courses. The initial plan was to have one 18-hole course but due to the overwhelming response to play the course it was expanded into two matching courses. The Links at Fifth Third Field is designed to have a lot of angles, dog legs and sand traps. All holes are par two.
HIT THE LINKS
The Links at Fifth Third Field, presented by Hall of Framers & Meyer Hill Lynch, will be open to the public from Friday, September 26 through Sunday, September 28. Admission is $15 with a portion of the proceeds benefitting the Helping Hens Charitable Fund, the Epilepsy Center, the Boys & Girls Club, and Komen. Each player will a souvenir 'The Links at Fifth Third Field' golf ball.
Available tee times:
- Friday, September 26 - 5 to 10 p.m.
- Saturday, September 27 - 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. & 6 to 10 p.m.
- Sunday, September 28 - 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Putters will be provided, but are in limited supply. Golfers are encouraged to bring their own putter!
- Participants can enter Fifth Third Field through the Home Plate Gate for check-in.
- Food and beverage stands will be open on the main concourse and a beverage cart will be stationed on each course - at the turn.
- The Hen Hut souvenir store will be open. Fans can purchase a specialty T-shirt (and Sharpie pen) to score their game or choose from other exclusive 'Links' fanwear.
While all tee times for The Links at Fifth Third Field have been reserved, we will be taking walk-ups throughout the event! Fans that have already booked their tee times will begin play at their scheduled time. We will send out walk-up groups at the first available opportunity during the open course hours, between pre-scheduled tee times.
FIFTH THIRD FIELD TRANSFORMATION
Check out these awesome photos of Fifth Third Field's transformation from baseball field to golf course.
'THE LINKS' T-SHIRT
Swing by the Swamp Shop and pick up a special edition 'The Links at Fifth Third Field' scorecard T-shirt. You'll get a marker with your purchase so you can keep score right on your shirt!
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.