LOUISVILLE, Ky. - Devin Mesoraco bobbleheads will be given to the first 3,000 paid admissions to the Louisville Bats game versus the Durham Bulls at Louisville Slugger Field on Saturday, June 13. Gates open at 5 p.m. and first pitch is scheduled for 6:05 p.m. The Bats will also host their second and final Dog Day at the Park on Tuesday, June 16 to benefit the Kentucky Humane Society.
The Bats' seven-game homestand opens against the Bulls on Thursday, June 11 as the club hosts another locally famous $1 Budweiser beer happy hour from 5:30-7 p.m., featuring live music by Kimmet & Doug on the Overlook Deck from 5:30-6:25 p.m. Fans may also bring a new children's book to the gate to receive a voucher for a free hot dog and small Pepsi as a part of the UPS Store Toys for Tots Literacy Night. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. and first pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
The Chicago Boyz Acrobatic Team will perform following Friday night's game. The group, whose act was featured on the eighth season of America's Got Talent in 2013, will be followed by Friday Fireworks. Saturday's game will feature in-game performances by Bucket Ruckus in addition to the bobblehead giveaway.
Sidewalk Prophets will perform at the Bats' annual Faith Day concert at 3:30 p.m. on Sunday in the Hall of Fame Pavilion at Louisville Slugger Field. Tickets to the concert and game are sold separately. To celebrate Flag Day, American flags will be handed out to the first 2,000 fans and Brigadier General Steven P. Bullard, chief of staff for the Kentucky Air National Guard headquarters, will throw out the first pitch. Also Sunday, there will be the Inflatable KidsZone, Kids Eat Free during the game and postgame Kids Run the Bases.
The Gwinnett Braves then visit Louisville Slugger Field for three games beginning Monday, June 15 and Dog Day will be on Tuesday. Tickets for dogs are $3 with proceeds being donated to the Kentucky Humane Society. Canines and their owners should enter through the gates on Witherspoon Street or Jackson Street.
The Bats finish their current three game series with the Columbus Clippers tonight at Huntington Park. The Bats won in comeback fashion against their rivals last night, scoring three runs in the 9th inning to tie the game at 4-4 and three runs in the 11th inning to win 7-4. Louisville (31-28) is currently in second place and 5.5 games behind the Indianapolis Indians in the International League West. After four Bats were promoted to Cincinnati in the past week, there are currently six players playing for the Reds who were on the Bats' Opening Night roster.
The Bats have averaged 8,912 fans per game at Louisville Slugger Field since its opening in 2000 and have totaled over 9.4 million fans through 15 seasons. Tickets for all regular season games are available. The entire 2015 Bats schedule, including updated promotions and special events, can be found at batsbaseball.com. Single-game tickets may be purchased online, by calling 1-855-228-8497 or by visiting the Louisville Slugger Field box office. Full and partial season tickets, along with group outings and suite rentals are available by calling the Bats front office at 502-212-2287.
Louisville Bats Homestand Highlights • June 11-17, 2015
Thursday, June 11 - Louisville Bats vs. Durham Bulls, 7:05 p.m.
- Budweiser Beer Happy Hour: $1 Bud and Bud Light from 5:30-7 p.m. plus live music by Kimmet & Doug on the Overlook Deck from 5:30-6:25 p.m.
- UPS Store Toys for Tots Literacy Night: Fans may bring a new children's book to the gates and receive a voucher for a free regular hot dog and small Pepsi.
- Bellarmine Alumni Night.
Friday, June 12 - Louisville Bats vs. Durham Bulls, 7:05 p.m.
- Southern Indiana Night, presented by Lucas Oil.
- Postgame performance by the Chicago Boyz Acrobatic Team, presented by Southern Indiana News & Tribune.
- Friday Fireworks.
Saturday, June 13 - Louisville Bats vs. Durham Bulls, 6:05 p.m.
- Devin Mesoraco Bobblehead Giveaway: First 3,000 paid admissions, presented by Pepsi.
- Appearance by Bucket Ruckus, presented by Lowe's.
- Baseball Across the Region: A travelling baseball will visit Louisville Slugger Field on its journey through Reds Country to the Major League Baseball All-Star Game in Cincinnati. A pregame ceremony will feature the Cincinnati USA Chamber of Commerce.
- Backyard Bash: Cornhole on the Overlook until 7:30; $3 14 oz. AmberBock, LandShark and Shock Top at the Overlook Grill until the end of the 7th inning; adult fans may register to win two (2) 2015 World Series tickets (winner to be drawn September 5), presented by Budweiser.
Sunday, June 14 - Louisville Bats vs. Durham Bulls, 6:05 p.m.
- Faith Day: Pregame concert by Sidewalk Prophets at 3:30 p.m. in the Hall of Fame Pavilion. Game and concert tickets sold separately.
- Flag Day: American flag giveaway to first 2,000 fans. Ceremonial first pitch by Brigadier General Steven P. Bullard, chief of staff for Headquarters, Kentucky Air National Guard.
- Inflatable KidsZone: Inflated from 5-8 p.m. on the Overlook Deck, presented by BracesBracesBraces and Kids Dentistree.
- Kids Eat Free: New for 2015 at every Sunday home game, all kids 12-and-under with paid admission receive a free hot dog, junior nachos and small soda. One meal per child.
- Postgame Kids Run the Base, presented by the YMCA and Meijer.
Monday, June 15 - Louisville Bats vs. Gwinnett Braves, 7:05 p.m.
- Margarita Monday: 12 oz. margaritas available for $3 behind Section 122 on the third-base side.
- Meijer Monday: Fans receive $3 off per field reserved seat when presenting any Meijer receipt to the box office window.
- Baseball Bingo: Winner receives a $50 Meijer gift card.
- White Castle Guarantee Win Monday: If the Bats win, fans can take their ticket stub to White Castle for a FREE classic slider (good either Monday night or all day Tuesday at area White Castles).
Tuesday, June 16 - Louisville Bats vs. Gwinnett Braves, 7:05 p.m.
- Dog Day at the Park: $8 admission for dog owners and $3 admission per dog. Dog admissions will be donated to the Kentucky Humane Society. Enter through Witherspoon Street or Jackson Street entrances.
- $1 Hot Dogs and Pepsi Products, presented by Pepsi, Meijer and Aunt Millie's.
Wednesday, June 17 - Louisville Bats vs. Gwinnett Braves, 11:45 a.m.
- Kids Summer Camp and Day Care Day.