AMARILLO, Texas (July 7, 2019) - A four-run rally in the seventh inning fell just short for the Riders Sunday in an 9-7 loss at Amarillo.SYNOPSIS* Trailing 5-2 at the onset of the frame, the Riders grabbed their first lead of the night with a big frame. After a two-run single
AMARILLO, Texas (July 7, 2019) - A four-run rally in the seventh inning fell just short for the Riders Sunday in an 9-7 loss at Amarillo.
* Trailing 5-2 at the onset of the frame, the Riders grabbed their first lead of the night with a big frame. After a two-run single from Leody Taveras and a game-tying sac fly from Ryan Dorow , Charles Leblanc gave the Riders a 6-5 lead with an RBI single.
* After Amarillo scored four unanswered to retake the lead, the Riders got the tying run to the plate in the ninth after an RBI double from Preston Beck but couldn't complete the comeback.
* Brendon Davis tied his career-high with three hits, including a solo homer in the third inning.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Brendon Davis: 3-for-4, HR, RBI, 2 R
* Charles Leblanc: 2-for-4, RBI, BB, R
* Preston Beck: 2-for-5, 2B, 3B, 2 RBI
NEWS AND NOTES
* Reliever James Jones worked on back-to-back days for the first time this season. He has allowed one earned run in his last 21 1/3 innings (0.42 ERA). That stretch has lowered his ERA from 5.68 to 2.93.
Riders vs. Corpus Christi, Monday, 7:05 pm
RHP Ronald Herrera (0-2, 9.64) vs. RHP Cristian Javier (4-2, 2.15)
Get your tickets here
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].