Senators Game RecapSenators 14 Altoona 7
Senators Game Recap
Senators 14 Altoona 7
The Senators exploded for 11 runs in the seventh inning to rally past Altoona 14-7 Saturday night at FNB Field. The 11 runs equaled a franchise record for most runs in an inning. The 11-run inning was capped on a grand slam by Andrew Stevenson. Altoona led 5-1 at one point in the game before the Senators came back. Six Senators combined for their 13 hits and five different Senators scored at least two runs.
On Capitol Hill
• Tyler Mapes started and went 4.1 innings allowing six hits and four earned runs. Three of the five runs he allowed came with two outs.
• Jordan Mills went two-thirds of an inning, inheriting the bases loaded and stranding two of the three runners.
• Bryan Bonnell pitched two solid innings to earn the win, his third on the season.
• Greg Holland pitched a perfect eighth inning with two strikeouts.
• Aaron Barrett allowed a couple of runs in the ninth.
With the Gavel
• Andrew Stevenson had two hits including a grand slam and drove in four runs.
• Adrían Sanchez went 3-for-5 with a double, two RBIs and three runs scored.
• Luis Garcia went 2-for-4 with a home run, his fourth on the season.
• Michael A. Taylor had three hits including a double and drove in three runs.
• Nick Banks had two hits, an RBI and a run scored.
• Harrisburg wins the season series with Altoona by virtue of their win Saturday night. They lead the series 11-7 with two games to play.
• The grand slam by Stevenson was the fifth this season for Harrisburg.
• The 11 runs that scored in the seventh inning was the fourth time in franchise history the Sens have scored 11 runs in one inning.
The Senators play game three of their season ending four-game series against the Altoona Curve at FNB Field Sunday at 1 p.m. The game can be heard on CBS Sports Radio Harrisburg 96.5FM 95.3FM and 1400AM beginning at 12:53 p.m.