Springdale, AR—After dropping game one of a doubleheader, 4-2, the Arkansas Travelers bounced back and took the second game from the Northwest Arkansas Naturals, 10-6 to split the twinbill and get an even split of the six game road series. The Travs trailed all of the first game but did
Springdale, AR—After dropping game one of a doubleheader, 4-2, the Arkansas Travelers bounced back and took the second game from the Northwest Arkansas Naturals, 10-6 to split the twinbill and get an even split of the six game road series. The Travs trailed all of the first game but did have the tying and go-ahead on base when the game ended. In the second game, Arkansas bounced back from an early one-run deficit and scored in four of the next five innings, building their lead to as many as seven.
Moments That Mattered (in Game 1)
* After Josh Morgan had homered to cut the deficit to one, MJ Melendez answered with a two-run homer in the bottom of the third to put the Naturals back in command.
* Arkansas scored in the seventh and loaded the bases with two out putting the potential tying and go-ahead runs on base but Stephen Wrenn flied out to deepest centerfield ending the game.
Moments That Mattered (in Game 2)
* Down one early, Bobby Honeyman blasted a three-run homer to put Arkansas on top in the second inning.
* The Naturals had scored twice and brought the league’s third leading home run hitter Nick Pratto to the plate with two out in the bottom of the fifth but Moises Gomez came in from the bullpen and struck out Pratt on three pitches to keep the Travs on top.
Notable Travs Performances (in Game 1)
* C Josh Morgan: 1-3, BB, run, HR, RBI
* RHP Jack Anderson: 1.2 IP, K
Notable Travs Performances (in Game 2)
* LF Dom Thompson-Williams: 2-4, 2 runs, HR, 2 RBI
* 3B Bobby Honeyman: 1-2, run, SF, HR, 4 RBI
News and Notes
* The Travs hit seven extra base hits (five doubles, two home runs) to tie a season high.
* Julio Rodriguez departed the Travs to join the Dominican Republic National Team in preparation for the upcoming Olympics.
After a day off Monday, the Travs return home on Tuesday night to host the Wichita Wind Surge. Right-hander Alejandro Requena (4-3, 5.56) gets the start against righty Jordan Balazovic (2-1, 2.89). It is kids night at the ballpark with $1 ice cream and free train rides. First pitch is at 7:10 and the game will also be broadcast on AM 920 the Sports Animal, the First Pitch App and milb.tv.