Design the Tides Program Cover
Each year, the Tides encourage children to express their artistic talents with a contest to design the cover of the Tides program and media guide. Two winning entries enjoy a special night out at the ballpark, as well as a cash prize.
The contest is open to over 280 schools in the Hampton Roads area, with children participating from kindergarten to 12th grade. Check out the guidelines below and see if your design is good enough to grace this year's cover!
- Designs must be 8.5"(w) x 11"(h)
- Artists may submit original drawings or digital creations
- The artists signature must be included in the design
- The artwork must be submitted by March 1
- In 2018, Benjamin Chacon from Bishop Sullivan High School designed the Tides Program cover and Jasmine Benton from Western Branch High School designed the winning Media Guide cover. The winners were invited to throw out the first pitch at a Tides game, and were treated to dinner with their family and principal at Harbor Park. The two winners also received a cash prize.
For more information, please contact John Rogerson at 757-622-2222 Ext. 121.