The Rochester Red Wings are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, and passionate individual to be a voice and face of the team as the On-Field Host for the 2017 season. The individual will be an integral part of the in-game entertainment experience at Frontier Field.
The Wings are looking for a strong vocal talent with excellent enunciation skills, strong public speaking and improvisation skills and the ability to speak extemporaneously to large crowds. Must be able to be present nights and weekends in accordance with the game schedule.
Applicants need to submit a resume, cover letter and 60-second video to Tim Doohan at TimD@RedWingsBaseball.com.
1. Comfortable speaking in front of large crowds
2. Applicants must be a Broadcast Journalism major looking to pursue an "On Air" career in radio or television
3. Great sense of humor
4. Ability to understand game scripts and adapt quickly to changes
5. Bring a creative mind and help to brainstorm new ideas to keep the Red Wings on-field entertainment fresh and fun
6. Ability to commit to ALL 71 Red Wings home games
7. Ability to move around the ballpark to meet all promotional and activation requirements
8. Ability to engage and interact with fans
9. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Intern must be able to be at ALL 71 home games. For a typical 7:05 pm game, intern would arrive at 3 pm and leave roughly 30 minutes after the completion of the game.
This internship has a start date of mid-March with an end date at the conclusion of the season (early September).
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.