In anticipation of single-game tickets going on sale Saturday, the Rochester Red Wings unveiled their 2014 promotional schedule Friday. This year's slate is once again highlighted by All-Star caliber autograph appearances, 16 fireworks shows, a full gamut of giveaways, a pair of zany entertainment acts and much more. For a complete list of promotions visit RedWingsBaseball.com/Fun
"We take great pride as an organization in making sure our fans have a special experience each and every time they come out to Frontier Field," said Red Wings General Manager Dan Mason. "We believe we have put together another top-notch promotional lineup this season that fans of all ages can enjoy."
Single-game tickets for all regular season games at Frontier Field go on sale this Saturday, March 22 at 10 a.m. Season tickets, mini plans, flex packs and group tickets are on sale now. For more information, visit the Tickets/Promotions section of RedWingsBaseball.com or call (585) 454-1001 and press zero, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The fun gets started when the Wings return to the Flower City for Opening Day at Frontier Field on Saturday, April 5 at 2:05 p.m. against the Buffalo Bisons. All fans in attendance will receive a 2014 Red Wings magnet schedule courtesy of Dunkin Donuts while the first 5,000 fans through the gates will receive a Red Wings cowbell presented by Frontier Pages.
A highlight of the Red Wings promotional schedule each year is the autograph appearance list. That rings true again in 2014 as Red Wings fans will get the opportunity to meet, and get an autograph from, Mets and Yankees great Darryl Strawberry (Thursday, June 12), former Red Sox pitcher Bill "Spaceman" Lee (Wednesday, June 18) and National Baseball Hall-of-Famer and former Twins great Bert Blyleven (Monday, July 28).
Two of the most entertaining acts in all of Minor League baseball will stop at Frontier Field this season. Fan favorites Harry Canary, Derek Cheetah, Cow Ripken Jr. and the rest of the zany ZOOperstars will make not one, but two appearances at Frontier Field in 2014 (Saturday, June 28 and Saturday, August 23). Also, the Famous San Diego Chicken (Saturday, July 26), who is only visiting a select number of ballparks in this his 40th season, has agreed to make a stop at one of his favorite minor league parks, Frontier Field.
The first of 16 post-game fireworks shows in 2014 blasts off on Friday, May 16 following the Red Wings' 7:05 p.m. game against Columbus. After the Friday, May 30 game, there will be a fireworks show following every Friday and Saturday game for the remainder of the season.
June is giveaway month at Frontier Field as the Wings have a giveaway scheduled for seven of the 13 home games in the month. It all starts on June 1 with a Red Wings Legends Card Strip giveaway (1,000 fans, 21 & over) and continues with a Chris Colabello Jersey Drawstring Bag on June 13 (2,000 fans, 14 & under), Red Wings Throwback Cap on June 14 (2,000 fans), a Blue Baseball on June 15 (1,200 fans) for Father's Day, Red Wings Jersey Replica Pillows on June 16 (1,500 fans), a Team Photo on June 28 (5,000 fans) and a Red Wings Hero Card giveaway on June 29 (2,000 fans, 18 & under).
Other unique giveaway items include a Water Bottle on June 15 (1,000 fans), a Red Wings Drawstring Backpack on July 12 (1,000 fans, 18 & under), NASCAR Mini-Cars on July 25 (2,500 fans), another Team Photo giveaway on August 16 (5,000 fans), Red Wings Legend Bobblehead (player TBD) on August 29 (2,000 fans) and a Snow Brush giveaway on August 30 (500 fans).
This season fans will be able to celebrate both Mother' Day, a week late on Sunday, May 18, and Father's Day (Sunday, June 15) with a post-game catch on the field with Mom and Dad. The Wings will also be home on Memorial Day (Monday, May 26) and Independence Day (Friday, July 4).
Other key dates this season that fans won't want to miss out on include, "Turn Back the Clock Day" (Monday, May 26), featuring $5 tickets for all seating levels and 50-cent hot dogs, a Dora the Explorer appearance (Sunday, June 29), "Bark in the Park" (Sunday, July 6), the Baseball-RPO-Fireworks Tripleheader (Saturday, July 26) and "The Wings Salute the King Night," our annual Elvis tribute night (Friday, August 15).
The regular season comes to a close on Saturday, August 30 with Fan Appreciation Night.
The Red Wings have also put together a great daily promotional schedule:
· Monday - Basch & Nickerson LLP Kids Eat Free - The first 500 kids 12 & under receive a FREE hot dog, soda & snack item.
· Tuesday - M&T Bank/Messenger Post Media Fan Four-Pack - Get four reserved seat tickets, four hot dogs, four 12-oz. drinks, and a yearbook for only $32 (save $15 off regular prices).
· Wednesday - Democrat and Chronicle Wings Wednesday - Look for discount coupons in preceding Tuesday's D&C.
· Thursday - M&T Bank/Messenger Post Media Fan Four-Pack - Get four reserved seat tickets, four hot dogs, four 12-oz. drinks, and a yearbook for only $32 (save $15 off regular prices).
· Friday - Post-Game Fireworks (starting May 16)
· Saturday - ESL Federal Credit Union Post-Game Fireworks - (starting May 31).
· Sunday - Post-Game Run the Bases with Spikes & Mittsy - Kids will have the chance to run the bases with Spikes & Mittsy following each Sunday home game; Family Bulletin Day - Fans receive $1 off any ticket by presenting a publication from any church, house of worship, civic, or nonprofit group (limit of four tickets, each at $1 off).
· Before Every Game: Hillside Family of Agencies Pre-Game Autograph Booth - Meet a different Red Wings player each game, signing free autographs beginning 40 minutes prior to first pitch.
The Rochester Red Wings are entering their 12th season as the Triple-A affiliate of the Minnesota Twins. The Red Wings are operated by Rochester Community Baseball, Inc. and have been a community-owned pro baseball franchise since 1957. Rochester's pro baseball history dates back to 1885.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.