Richmond, Va. - The Richmond Flying Squirrels, Double-A affiliate of the San Francisco Giants, are pleased to announce that Hall of Fame Pitcher and 314-game winner Gaylord Perry will headline the 5th Annual Charity Hot Stove Banquet on Wednesday, January 21st, at VCU's Stuart C. Siegel Center. Perry will be the first Hall of Fame player to attend the annual banquet and he will be joined by the 2015 Flying Squirrels Field Staff and former players (see attendee list below). Individual tickets are available online or through the Flying Squirrels box office. Tables and sponsorship for the event are also available and all proceeds from the event will benefit Flying Squirrels Charities, a non-profit 501(C)(3) dedicated to improving the lives of children in Richmond. All celebrity guests are scheduled to attend the pre-dinner autograph session from 5:30-6:30PM. A full itinerary of the evening's events is listed below.
"It's an honor to have a Hall of Famer join us for this special event," said Flying Squirrels' Vice President/COO Todd "Parney" Parnell. "The event has become such a wonderful gathering of the entire baseball community, and we are very proud that our many relationships allow us to bring together folks from so many different eras and areas. Our goal is to raise money that will help benefit kids in the City of Richmond so they can have an impactful baseball experience."
New Squirrels Manager Jose Alguacil will be introduced for the first time at the event along with Pitching Coach Steve Kline and returning Hitting Coach Kenny Joyce. Former players in attendance will be Giants World Series Champion and 2014 Squirrels closer Hunter Strickland along with former Squirrels All-Stars Mark Minicozzi and Jack Snodgrass. The Squirrels will also point toward Richmond's legendary baseball past during the event by presenting the Paul Keyes Richmond Baseball Impact (RBI) Award to longtime Richmond Braves' Trainer Sam Ayoub. Previous award winners include Tracy Woodson, Gene Alley, Johnny Grubb and Eddie Kasko.
For more information on tickets, tables and sponsorship opportunities for the 2015 Hot Stove Banquet benefitting Flying Squirrels Charities, a 501(C)(3) visit www.squirrelsbaseball.com or stop by the Squirrels' Ticket Office at The Diamond.
5th Annual Hot Stove Celebrity Guest List:
· Gaylord Perry (Hall of Fame Pitcher, 314-game winner)
- Hunter Strickland (2014 Squirrels closer and World Series Champion)t)
- Mark Minicozzi (2013 Squirrels All-Star)
- Jack Snodgrass (Franchise wins leader, 2013 All-Star)
- Sam Ayoub (Former Richmond Braves Trainer)
- Pat O'Conner (Milb President & CEO)
- Joe McEachern (Eastern League President)
- Jose Alguacil (New Flying Squirrels Manager)
- Steve Kline (Former MLB pitcher, new Squirrels Pitching Coach)
- Kenny Joyce (Flying Squirrels Hitting Coach entering his 5th season with Richmond)
5th Annual Hot Stove Itinerary
- 4pm-5pm: VIP reception in Tommy J. West Club - for table sponsors and celebrity guests
- 5:30pm-6:30pm: Autograph session & silent auction in main arena with music performed by the Jangling Reinharts - all guest are invited -
- 7pm-8pm: Dinner and program
- 8:30pm-9:30pm: Dessert bar
- 10pm - Post event larty, location TBD
Proceeds from this year's event will benefit Flying Squirrels Charities, a nonprofit 501(C)(3) dedicated to improving the Richmond community through the Flying Squirrels. Table Sponsorships and tickets for the 5th Annual Hot Stove are available by calling the Flying Squirrels at (804) 359-3866. The Flying Squirrels 2015 season begins April 9th at 6:35PM against the Bowie Baysox. Season tickets, mini plans and group packages are currently available by contacting the box office at 804-359-FUNN or online at www.squirrelsbaseball.com.