New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo announced on June 15 that COVID-19 restrictions will be lifted across the State. Given these changes, the Red Wings will be returning many normal practices in conducting events with regard to the seating bowl configuration, entry policies, and bag policies.
- Effective immediately, there will be no more vaccinated and unvaccinated sections, and no fans will be required to show proof of vaccination upon entry. Fans who already have tickets for games June 15-20 and June 22-27 may use their purchased tickets with no exchange necessary, and social distanced sections where tickets have already been sold will remain socially distanced for the remaining home dates in June. Fans who are unvaccinated are asked to continue to wear facemasks throughout Frontier Field, except for while drinking or eating in their seats. Likewise, employees who are unvaccinated will be required to remain masked.
- Beginning July 6, the seating bowl will return to normal capacity levels aside from some sections that will remain available for social distancing. These tickets are being reserved for fans who feel more comfortable sitting six feet away from other fans.
- Tickets for the July 6-11 homestand will go on sale at 10 a.m. on June 29 while tickets for the rest of the 2021 season will go on sale on July 14 at 10 a.m.
- Starting with the July 27-August 1 homestand all season seat holders who opted in for the 2021 season will be returned to their 2020 season seat location unless they notify the Red Wings by June 22 of their desire to remain in their current 2021 location.
- Effective immediately, the pre-covid Frontier Field bag policy will go back into effect. Clear bags no larger than 16” x 16” x 12” will be allowed. All bags will be inspected by security upon entry, and will remain subject to inspection at any time while on the stadium premises. Security has the right to refuse attendance to anyone with a bag that is too large to inspect or to anyone who refuses to cooperate with the inspection process. Storage at Frontier Field facilities is not available. Fans are encouraged to come to Frontier Field with bags that can be easily inspected. Bulky items such as jackets and blankets should be removed from bags and hand-held to ease the inspection process.
The following items are allowed but may be inspected at any time:
Collapsible strollers that can easily be stored at guest services
Standard-sized seat cushions
Video and photo cameras
Small radios (must be listened to via ear pieces)
Personal sized umbrellas (no beach sized umbrellas)
Tickets for other events at Frontier Field, specifically the Zac Brown Tribute Band on July 4, the Rochester Summer Soul Music Festival on August 27 and 28, and Nitro Circus on September 10 will also abide by these same ticketing and entry policies.
The Nest, ESL Power Alley Suite and Long Ball Landing will not be available for groups to purchase until further notice. Select concession stands will also be closed this season. More info on Concessions click here. The Plymouth Avenue Ticket Office will not be open for the time being – all ticket purchases or exchanges must be made at the Main Gate Ticket Office.
• All fans may enter via the Main Gate or the Plymouth Avenue Gate.
• Hand sanitizing stations will be present at each point of entry.
• As in previous seasons, each guest is permitted to bring one sealed, plastic water bottle.
• The Red Wings Food & Beverage department will ensure all ballpark and health standards are exceeded.
• A limited number of concession stands will be open on a nightly basis. Some of the menus at these stands have been limited as well. Please click here for a list of open concession stands and their menus.
• All employees will wear gloves during any element of food preparation and service.
• All utensils, cups, condiments, and napkins will be single-use and, when appropriate, individually wrapped.
• High traffic areas and touch points will be routinely sanitized in-game, including, but not limited to, prep stations, cash registers, counters, credit card readers, and stanchions.
• To limit contact with food service equipment, food items will be individually packaged, as appropriate.
• Signage promoting social distancing will be visible while queued in line.
• While cash will be accepted, cashless transactions are encouraged.
Per the guidance of New York State and the CDC, vaccinated fans will no longer have to wear masks at Frontier Field. Unvaccinated fans will still have to wear masks unless eating or drinking in their seat.
HEALTH & SAFETY GUIDELINES
All guests and staff members are encouraged to adhere to the following guidelines:
• Wash hands often with soap and water in the restrooms. Use of the hand sanitizing stations throughout Frontier Field is also encouraged.
• Anyone who feels sick is encouraged to stay home. Fans who may begin feeling ill while at Frontier Field, may report to the First Aid Room across from Mama Mittsy’s, or contact an EMT.
MEDIA & MARKETING MATERIALS
2021 Red Wings Yearbooks will be FREE to all fans as they enter Frontier Field this season. Rosters and stats can be found at RedWingsBaseball.com or downloading the “First Pitch” app on your mobile phone and selecting the Red Wings as your favorite team.
• Cash will be accepted at the Ticket Office, Team Store and Concessions, but cashless transactions are encouraged.
• Diamond Dollars from the 2020 season will be accepted this season.
• Player autographs are temporarily suspended by Major League Baseball to limit contact, as are player giveaways to guests (i.e. baseballs tossed into stands).
• There will no pre-game autograph booth for the foreseeable future.
• When appropriate for privacy, restroom doors will be propped open to encourage touchless entry and exit.
• Restrooms will be sanitized before, during and after every event at Frontier Field.