The Colorado Springs Sky Sox last homestand before the All-Star break begins on Independence Day, Wednesday, July 4, when the team hosts the New Orleans Baby Cakes -Triple-A affiliate of the Miami Marlins - for five games at Security Service Field.
On Wednesday, July 4, the Sky Sox will host their Independence Day game, one of the most anticipated games of the year, which sees thousands of attendees each season. Gates will open at 5:00 p.m., two hours prior to the scheduled 7:00 p.m. first pitch; parking will be open to the public at 3:00 p.m. The day's festivities will feature a mini American flag giveaway at the gate to the first 1,000 fans, in-game performances by "The Amazing Christopher", and a patriotic post-game fireworks show presented by Coors and VASA fitness. The Sky Sox players and coaches will also be wearing special-edition Military Appreciation jerseys will be auctioned on the last Military Appreciation day (August 23).
On Thursday, July 5, the Sky Sox will offer another $3 Thirsty Thursday presented by Coors which features $3 craft beers, $3 parking, and $3 upper-reserve tickets. On Friday, July 6, the Sky Sox will amp up the night once again with a pre-game 21-gun cannon salute from members of Fort Carson and 1990's music themed Friday night postgame fireworks. The Sky Sox will also be continuing the "Cheers to 45 More Years" campaign as the team will debut and wear replica Colorado Springs Sky Sox Jerseys from the 1990's era, which will be auctioned off at the end of July at SkySoxJerseys.com.
Saturday, July 7, brings back one of the most popular and unique promotional giveaways - Used Car Giveaway Night presented by Security Service Federal Credit Union - the Sky Sox will be giving away up to nine cars throughout the game as well as $100 cash to fans! To register to win, fans 18 and over can sign up at the front gate. The cars being given away will be on display at the ballpark.
The homestand's last day, on Sunday, July 8, will feature a special stadium replica of Security Service Field giveaway presented by United Restoration, which will be given to the first 1,000 fans through the gates. Additionally, fans can enjoy the ever-popular 50-cent hot dogs presented by Safeway available at all concessions throughout the game.
Tickets for all event dates are on sale now at www.skysox.com/tickets.
Details of each game date are below:
Wednesday, July 4 vs. New Orleans - 7:00 p.m.
- Gates open at 5:00 p.m. - Parking at 3:00 p.m.
- Independence Day at Security Service Field with patriotic post-game fireworks show presented by Coors and VASA Fitness
- Mini-American flag giveaway (first 1,000 fans)
- Team wearing special-edition Military jerseys - Bid on jerseys at SkySoxJerseys.com
Thursday, July 5 vs. New Orleans - 6:40 p.m.
- Gates open at 5:30 p.m.
- $3 Thirsty Thursday presented by Coors
- $3 Sierra Nevada Summer Fest Craft Beers, $3 Parking and $3 Upper-Reserve Tickets
Friday, July 6 vs. New Orleans - 6:40 p.m.
- Gates open at 5:30 p.m.
- 1990's themed Friday night post-game fireworks show
- Pre-game cannon 21-gun salute by members of Fort Carson
- "Cheers to 45 More Years" team debut of 1990 replica Sky Sox jerseys
Saturday, July 7 vs. New Orleans - 6:00 p.m.
- Gates open at 5:00 p.m.
- Used Car Giveaway night and gift card giveaways for up to nine innings presented by Security Service Federal Credit Union
Sunday, July 8 vs. New Orleans - 1:00 p.m.
- Gates open at 12:00 p.m.
- Stadium replica of Security Service Field giveaway presented by United Restoration (first 1,000 fans)
- 50-cent hot dogs presented by Safeway
- YMCA Kids Run the Bases post-game
For more information on promotions and ticket options, please call (719) 591-7699 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Get the latest Sky Sox news online at www.skysox.com, like us on Facebook or follow the team on Twitter at @skysox.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.