Is the season really over?
Yes, you have probably heard that MiLB announced the 2020 season is officially canceled. According to the press release, MLB was unable to provide MiLB affiliated clubs the players needed to have a season this year.
Just like you, our incredibly loyal and understanding fans, we are disappointed to hear this news. We understand the impact it has on so many family, friends, and employees, so while we were not surprised, we are extremely saddened.
While we will have to wait until 2021 for the River Cats to begin their Triple-A Championship defense, there is still baseball being played in Sacramento right now. Sutter Health Park is currently hosting the Giants Taxi Squad for workouts and scrimmages. The "Taxi Squad" is a group of about 30 players who are working out in order to contribute to the Major League club if injuries or other situations arise where a player would need to be called up.
In addition, we are looking at the possibility of hosting COVID-19 approved dinners, events, and activities.
Please continue to visit rivercats.com for all important updates or email us at [email protected].
If you have questions, please call us at (916) 371-4487
- The River Cats administrative offices, Tri Counties Bank Ticket Office, and On-Deck Shop at Sutter Health Park are closed until further notice. River Cats merchandise is still available online. Please call the On Deck Shop directly at (916) 376-4796 for more information.
- MiLB.TV is offering complimentary access to archived games during the delay to the start of the baseball season. Check out your favorite past River Cats games for free!
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for information and resources for the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Visit the California Department of Public Health for specific updates for the state of California.
- Visit the World Health Organization for updates regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- If you are looking for ways to help the most vulnerable among us, the Yolo Food Bank needs volunteers and donations to coordinate food distribution to low income and older folks in our community.
- Our friends at Cal Fit are offering a collection of free at-home workouts so you can stay active while you are following the current shelter in place orders.