2020 Season Update
The recent government precautions regarding COVID-19 continue to impact us all in various ways, including a delay to the start of the baseball season. MiLB announced ahead of our scheduled Opening Day, in coordination with government recommendations, that we will be postponing the start of the season. Like you, we were disappointed, but this did not come as a great surprise. While we join our fans in their disappointment that the return of River Cats baseball will be pushed back, nothing is more important than the health and safety of our local community and we will continue to be in close contact with MLB, MiLB, and local government and health agencies to inform our decisions moving forward.
So what does this mean? As with any postponement, the goal is to reschedule these games. However, due to the complexities of the situation, we still do not know when the start of our season will be or what potential impact this may have on our ability to play a full 70-game home schedule.
We are eager to open the gates of Sutter Health Park as soon as it is safe to do so, and get back to providing safe, affordable, family-friendly fun to everyone in the Sacramento community. At this time, we encourage everyone to follow the River Cats on social media for updates as they become available, activities for kids who may need a dose of River Cats fun in their homeschool program, and regular looks back at the best memories from the last 20 years of River Cats baseball.
Once we have more details, we will be sure to communicate information and options by email to ticket holders for any potentially affected dates.
We ask for your continued patience, and we thank you for your support as we work through this unique situation. We are all in this together.
Important Reminders & Resources
If you have questions, please call us at (916) 371-4487
- The River Cats administrative offices, Tri Counties Bank Ticket Office, and On-Deck Shop at Sutter Health Park are closed until further notice. River Cats merchandise is still available online. Please call the On Deck Shop directly at (916) 376-4796 for more information.
- MiLB.TV is offering complimentary access to archived games during the delay to the start of the baseball season. Check out your favorite past River Cats games for free!
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for information and resources for the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Visit the California Department of Public Health for specific updates for the state of California.
- Visit the World Health Organization for updates regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- If you are looking for ways to help the most vulnerable among us, the Yolo Food Bank needs volunteers and donations to coordinate food distribution to low income and older folks in our community.
- Our friends at Cal Fit are offering a collection of free at-home workouts so you can stay active while you are following the current shelter in place orders.