ZEBULON, North Carolina (June 7, 2019) - Edgar Corcino and Marcus Wilson each blasted a home run to power Salem to a rain-shortened 2-1 win over the Carolina Mudcats Sunday afternoon at Five Counties Stadium.
How it Happened
* Edgar Corcino blasted an opposite-field home run in the second inning for a 1-0 Salem lead.
* Marcus Wilson followed with a shot out to right field in the sixth for 1-0 insurance.
* Rain began to fall in the bottom of the frame when Mario Feliciano cut Salem's lead 2-1 on an RBI double. Payton Henry drew a full count against Kutter Crawford when time was called by home plate umpire Raul Moreno due to a blinding sheet of rain across the field.
* The game was declared final 52 minutes into the delay.
* Edgar Corcino: 1-for-3, RBI, R, HR
* Marcus Wilson: 1-for-2, RBI, R, HR
* Kutter Crawford: 5.2 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K (W, 4-5)
* Crawford's win is his first since May 13. It was also the first time Salem has avoided a series loss since May 7-9 against the Wilmington Blue Rocks.
Salem Red Sox at Winston-Salem Dash Monday, June 10, 2019. First pitch is scheduled for 7:00 PM EST.
LHP Jhonathan Diaz vs. RHP Jorgan Cavanerio
Listen: SalemSox.com, TuneIn Radio, ESPN Blacksburg WKEX 1430 AM/94.1 FM, ESPN Roanoke WGMN 1240 AM/93.3 FM
Watch: MiLB TV
The Salem Red Sox are the Advanced-A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox and call Haley Toyota Field in Salem, Virginia home. The team was founded in 1968 and purchased by Fenway Sports Management in December of 2007. For more information on the Salem Red Sox, please visit SalemRedSox.com or contact Melanie Newman at MNewman@salemsox.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.