WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina (June 11, 2019) - The Winston-Salem Dash keyed in on early leads to take a double-header sweep from Salem Tuesday night at BB&T Ballpark.
How it Happened
* Carlos Perez blasted a 2-run home run to put the Dash up 2-0 in the second inning. The runs continued to pile for Winston-Salem, capitalizing on an error in the third inning for a 5-0 difference. The assault ended after a pair of RBI singles and another error crossed two runs to push the Dash up 9-0 after four innings.
* Salem answered in one swing, a 365-foot shot to left field for Victor Acosta, to score 3 and break up the shutout in the fifth frame.
* Rio Gomez carried the final 2 1/3 innings, holding the Dash scoreless but the offense was stymied and fell 9-3.
* Victor Acosta: 1-for-2, 3 RBI, R, HR
* Jagger Rusconi: 3-for-3, R, 2B
* Acosta's home run in the fifth inning was his first of the season, an opposite-shot measuring at 365 feet.
How it Happened
* Winston-Salem picked up where they left off, leading off with a triple, double and single to advance 2-0 in the first inning.
* Jagger Rusconi cut the lead 2-1 in the second with an RBI single.
* Winston-Salem reclaimed the difference after an RBI single in the third frame. The tilt opened with a 3-run fourth inning following a groundout, wild pitch and double, Mitch Roman's third of the day for a 5-1 difference.
* Charlie Madden scored on a wild pitch in the fifth inning to cut the lead 5-2.
* Evan Skoug delivered Winston-Salem's second home run of the day to highlight a 7-2 win.
* Jagger Rusconi: 1-for-3, RBI
* Charlie Madden: 1-for-3, R
* Alex Demchak: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
Salem Red Sox at Winston-Salem Dash Wednesday, June 12, 2019. First pitch is scheduled for 7:00 PM EST.
RHP Daniel Gonzalez vs. RHP Kade McClure
Listen: SalemSox.com, TuneIn Radio, ESPN Blacksburg WKEX 1430 AM/94.1 FM, ESPN Roanoke WGMN 1240 AM/93.3 FM
Watch: MiLB TV
The Salem Red Sox are the Advanced-A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox and call Haley Toyota Field in Salem, Virginia home. The team was founded in 1968 and purchased by Fenway Sports Management in December of 2007. For more information on the Salem Red Sox, please visit SalemRedSox.com or contact Melanie Newman at MNewman@salemsox.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.