FREDERICK, Maryland (July 14, 2019) - Brennan Hanifee shut out the Salem Red Sox in the Frederick Key's first complete game effort since 2013 Sunday afternoon at Nymeo Field.
How it Happened
* Thaddeus Ward started on the hill for the Sox and fanned five Keys batters before being pulled from the game after two-plus innings of work due to a comeback line drive from Sean Miller.
* The Keys came to life after Ward was retired with a three-run jack from Zach Jarrett to take a 3-0 lead in the third inning.
* Frederick tacked on insurance in the fourth inning when Jomar Reyes stepped to the plate in a bases loaded situation, hitting into a force out that still permitted the lead runner and a 4-0 advantage.
* Patrick Dorian blasted his first home run of the season, a two-run shot in the eighth inning to continue ahead 6-0.
* This is the first time the Keys have limited eight innings of offensive play since June 11th, 2018.
* Brennan Hanifee recorded the first complete game shutout for the Keys since Brady Wager back on August 3, 2013.
Salem Red Sox at Frederick Keys Monday, July 15, 2019. First pitch is scheduled for 12:00 PM EST.
LHP Enmanuel De Jesus vs. RHP Cameron Bishop
Listen: SalemSox.com, TuneIn Radio, ESPN Blacksburg WKEX 1430 AM/94.1 FM, WGMN 1240 AM/93.3 FM
The Salem Red Sox are the Advanced-A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox and call Haley Toyota Field in Salem, Virginia home. The team was founded in 1968 and purchased by Fenway Sports Management in December of 2007. For more information on the Salem Red Sox, please visit SalemRedSox.com or contact Melanie Newman at MNewman@salemsox.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.