WINSTON-SALEM, Virginia (August 27, 2019) - Kole Cottam homered as the Salem Red Sox bullpen stretched eight-plus innings for a 5-1 win over the Winston-Salem Dash Tuesday at BB&T Ballpark.
How it Happened
* The Red Sox attacked Jorgan Cavanerio in the first inning. Victor Acosta singled and Devlin Granberg doubled for a 1-0 lead.
* Thaddeus Ward was retired after two outs in the first inning after being hit by a comebacker.
* Devlin Granberg was hit by a pitch, Keith Curcio singled and the bases cleared when Kole Cottam smashed a home run and extend 4-0 over the Dash.
* Logan Browning twirled 4.1 innings of one-hit stretch relief.
* Salem knocked two-out 5-0 insurance in the eighth after Tanner Nishioka singled, stole second and came home on a single from Jagger Rusconi.
* Winston-Salem's lone run came with two outs in the ninth when Craig Dedelow homered to break up the shutout 5-1.
* Logan Browning: 4.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K - W (2-1)
* Kole Cottam: 2-for-4, 3 RBI, HR
* The win is the fifth-consecutive for Salem.
Salem Red Sox at Winston-Salem Dash, August 28, 2019. First pitch is scheduled for 7:00 PM EST.
RHP Daniel Gonzalez vs LHP Konnor Pilkington
Listen: SalemSox.com, TuneIn Radio, ESPN Blacksburg WKEX 1430 AM/94.1 FM, WGMN 1240 AM/93.3 FM
The Salem Red Sox are the Advanced-A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox and call Haley Toyota Field in Salem, Virginia home. The team was founded in 1968 and purchased by Fenway Sports Management in December of 2007. For more information on the Salem Red Sox, please visit SalemRedSox.com or contact Melanie Newman at MNewman@salemsox.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.