SALT LAKE CITY - The Salt Lake Bees have partnered with Intermountain LDS Hospital, SelectHealth, and the Utah Department of Health in support of "Bee Healthy Week," which will take place during the team's final homestand from August 31-September 2. The event is designed as an informative and motivational initiative for fans to focus on improved health and wellness.
The Bees are encouraging fans to participate in six Bee Healthy Team challenges during the three sponsored games, with the first 500 fans who complete at least four of the six challenges receiving an official Bee Healthy Team t-shirt courtesy of the Bee Healthy Team.
The six Bee Healthy Team challenges include:
- Walk around the ballpark three times via the main concourse, the equivalent of one mile, or accumulate 1,000 steps on the SelectHealth pedometer during the game.
- Spin the Utah Department of Health's Wheel of Health at its booth on the main concourse.
- Undergo blood pressure testing at the LDS Hospital booth on the main concourse.
- Undergo Body Mass Index (BMI) testing at the SelectHealth booth on the main concourse and receive a free pedometer.
- Participate in the in-game flex cam sponsored by LDS Hospital.
- Sign a pledge to be tobacco-free at the Utah Department of Health booth on the main concourse.
Joining those participating in the challenges will be Bumble, the official mascot of the Bees, and Toothy, SelectHealth's mascot. Utah Lieutenant Governor Greg Bell will throw out the ceremonial first pitch prior to the game on August 31 along with representatives from LDS Hospital and SelectHealth. In addition, the first 2,000 fans in attendance on Monday, September 2 will receive a Salt Lake Bees/Bee Healthy jersey backpack.
The Bees will conclude the regular season with a four-game series against the Reno Aces from August 30-September 2 at Spring Mobile Ballpark. Friday, August 30 features a Mike Trout bobblehead giveaway while a postgame fireworks show will follow the game on Saturday, August 31. For more information, call (801) 325-BEES or visit slbees.com.