Portland, Maine - The Boston Red Sox have promoted Sea Dogs 3B Rafael Devers to the Pawtucket Red Sox (Triple-A). Devers hit .300 (86-for-277) with 18 homers (career-high) and 56 RBI in 77 games with the Portland Sea Dogs.
This past week, Devers went 1-for-4 in the Futures Game on Saturday in Miami. On Wednesday night, he finished 1-for-2 in the Eastern League All-Star Game.
The 20-year old ranked among the Eastern League Leaders in the following categories: HR (T-4th), RBI (5th), Extra-base hits (40, 2nd), Slugging Pct. (.575, 3rd) and Total Bases (165, 2nd).
2017 Highlights with Portland
- Homered in his first Double-A at-bat on April 7th vs. Reading
- Tied career-high with 5 hits & 2 homers on May 2nd vs. Hartford
- Reached base in 19 straight games from April 29-May 18
- Third career grand slam on May 6th vs. Reading
- Hit safely in 54 of 77 starts.
Devers was signed by the Red Sox as an international free agent on August 9, 2013, and entered this season as the #14th overall prospect in minor league baseball according to Baseball America.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.