San Jose, CA- The San Jose Giants announced today their entire Promotions and Special Events Calendar for the 2014 season. Click here to view. The schedule is filled with a number of new giveaways and theme nights, along with the return of many fan favorites. 2014 single game tickets go on-sale Monday, March 10 at 10:00 AM.
The 2014 Promotional and Special Events schedule kicks off Opening Weekend and continues with a promotion at every one of the team's 70 home games. Highlights of the schedule include:
- Opening Night Magnet Schedule Giveaway (April 10), presented by Alliance Credit Union, Pepsi and Palo Alto Medical Foundation (first 4,000 fans)
- Imagine Chocolate Box Giveaway with one box containing Ultimate VIP Experience (April 12), courtesy of Imagine Chocolate (first 1,500 fans)
- Military Trading Card Set Giveaway, featuring WWII Veteran Joe Bell (April 13), sponsored by Operation: Care and Comfort (first 1,000 fans)
- Mexican Heritage Night with Gigantes Jersey Auction (May 5), presented by VivaFest
- Water Awareness Night and Youth Giveaway (May 9), sponsored by San Jose Water Company
- Mother's Day Lil' Bloomer Plantable Bookmark Giveaway (May 11), courtesy of Orchard Supply Hardware (first 500 mothers)
- Breast Cancer Awareness Night and Jersey Auction (May 23), presented by Team KRTY Avon Walk for Breast Cancer
- Turkey Mike's BBQ Set Giveaway (May 26), presented by Ledyard and Martinelli's (first 1,200 fans)
- Memorial Day Camouflage Jersey Auction (May 26), sponsored by Operation: Care & Comfort
- STAR WARS® Night with Jersey Auction (June 4)
- Relay for Life Night and Jersey Auction (June 14), courtesy of Los Gatos Travel and Magnussen's Lexus
- Scout Night Camp Out (June 28)
- Gigante Piggy Bank Gnome Giveaway (June 29), presented by Alliance Credit Union (first 1,200 fans)
- Independence Day Celebration and Patriotic Jersey Auction (July 4 & July 5)
- Grateful Dead Tribute Night with Jersey Auction and Cherry Garcia Giveaway (July 9), sponsored by Wonder Ice Cream Company (first 500 fans)
- Jimmy Buffett Tribute Night (July 16)
- Sergio Romo Bobblehead Giveaway (July 19), sponsored by Sheet Metal Workers Local Union 104 & South Bay Piping (first 1,200 fans)
- Brandon Belt Jersey Cooler Bag Giveaway (July 20), presented by Rotten Robbie, Pepsi & Frito-Lay (first 1,200 fans)
- SpecialCare Night (August 1), courtesy of Miceli Financial Partners
- Italian Night, Jersey Auction and Giveaway (August 2), sponsored by Country Club Villa Apartments & Battaglia Ranch Tree Farm (first 1,000 fans)
- Japanese Heritage Night (August 3)
- 8th Annual A Giant Luau with Jersey Auction and Plastic Lei Giveaway (August 8), presented by Kilohana Outrigger Canoe Club (first 1,000 fans)
- Bruce Bochy Bobblehead Giveaway (August 9), courtesy of Pepsi (first 1,200 fans)
- Buster Posey Gnome Giveaway (August 10) (first 1,200 fans)
- Jump Rope Giveaway (August 23), sponsored by Palo Alto Medical Foundation (first 500 fans)
- San Jose Giants T-Shirt Giveaway (August 24), courtesy of Martinelli's (first 2,000 fans)
"Municipal Stadium will be an action-packed venue this summer as our organization once again has a promotion or event planned for every San Jose Giants home game from Opening Night through the end of the season," said Daniel Orum, San Jose Giants President and CEO. "With our lineup of promotional nights and giveaways, our fans should be very excited for the start of the 2014 season. People should make their plans now to purchase single-game tickets on Monday, March 10 because the best seats to our most popular games will sell fast!"
In addition to the above promotions, the San Jose Giants will also be adding new theme nights such as Boy Band Night, World Cup Night, Tech Tuesdays and Social Media Thursdays #TBT to the promotions calendar. These will be joined by the return of fun, family favorites including KRTY Family Fridays, Mix 106.5 Saturdays in the Park, KBAY Giant Sundays, Alliance Credit Union Kids Eat Free Sundays and Martinelli's Apple Juice Kids Run the Bases.
The team has also announced its complete 2014 Fireworks Schedule. Click here to view. This season, the team is introducing a Fireworks Four Pack, which will also go on sale Monday, March 10. The Firework Four Pack allows fans to attend four fireworks nights for the following, discounted price: $60 per Box Seat or $38 per General Admission Seat. Fans may choose from two options of four dates for the Fireworks Four Pack. The Opening Night Option includes tickets for April 10, May 23, June 25 and August 22 while the Giant Luau Option will allow fans to enjoy Postgame Fireworks on April 25, May 9, June 28 and August 8 (A Giant Luau, presented by Kilohana Outrigger Canoe Club).
Additionally, the San Jose Giants are implementing dynamic ticket pricing this season. The cost of tickets for games will vary based on demand, but begin at the following prices: $16 Box Seat, $13 Upper Reserved and $11 General Admission.
First pitch for the San Jose Giants home opener will take place at 7:00 PM on Thursday, April 10 against the Bakersfield Blaze. San Jose's 2014 season begins on Thursday, April 3. The Giants will host games at Municipal Stadium on Mother's Day (May 11), Memorial Day (May 26), and Independence Day (July 4).For information on the 2014 season and ticket packages please visit sjgiants.com, call (408) 297-1435 or visit the Municipal Stadium Box Office Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Download the 2014 Schedule online at sjgiants.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.