The Nashville Sounds Baseball Club returns home Friday, July 7 to begin a three-game homestand with the American Southern Division rival Memphis Redbirds - the Triple-A affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals.
After the three-game series, the Sounds head into the three-day All-Star break, followed by a three-city, 12-game road trip and do not return to First Tennessee Park until Tuesday, July 25.
All weekend, the Sounds will host the "Shoe-bacca" shoe drive benefiting Soles4Souls - a Nashville based non-profit providing relief through the distribution of shoes and clothing around the world.
Below is a preview for each game of the homestand:
Friday, July 7 vs. Memphis - 7:05 p.m.
- Gates open at 6:00 p.m.
- Star Wars Trilogy Weekend begins with a Lightsaber Giveaway to the first 1,000 fans in attendance.
- FOX17 post-game fireworks presented by Koorsen Fire & Security. Enjoy the fireworks with a custom Star Wars playlist.
Saturday, July 8 vs. Memphis - 7:05 p.m.
- Gates open at 6:00 p.m.
- Trilogy Weekend continues as the Sounds wear special Star Wars jerseys. The online and mobile auction will begin at 4:00 p.m. and will end at the conclusion of the sixth inning. A portion of the proceeds from the jersey auction will benefit Soles4Souls.
- Enjoy Saturday at the Park with visits to The Band Box and our family-friendly Fun Zone in the right field corner.
Sunday, July 9 vs. Memphis - 6:35 p.m.
- Gates open at 5:30 p.m.
- Star Wars Trilogy Weekend concludes with special Star Wars characters invading the ballpark.
- Pre-game autograph session with select Sounds players from 5:35-5:50. In addition, the Sounds promo team will host the coloring station for children to color baseball posters and sign up for on-field games.
- Military Sunday presented by Piedmont Natural Gas and Tennessee 811- The Sounds extend their military appreciation with special military green jerseys and discounted Corner or General Admission tickets for active and veteran men, women and families - subject to availability.
- Post-Game Kids (ages 12 & under) Run the Bases presented by First Tennessee.
The Nashville Sounds have partnered with the following media outlets - Mondays: 96.3 JACKfm, Tuesdays: The Tennessean and NASH-FM 103.3, Wednesdays: 102.5 The Game, Thursdays: iHeartMedia, Fridays: FOX17, and Sundays: WSMV-TV Channel 4.
The 2017 season is the Sounds' 40th in franchise history and their third as the Oakland Athletics' top affiliate. Single-game tickets are available now by calling (615) 690-4487 or by visiting www.nashvillesounds.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.