SOUTH BEND, Indiana (August 7, 2019) - The South Bend Cubs have announced their next homestand of the 2019 season. Fans of Star Wars are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite character at this Saturday's game, as the annual Star Wars Night takes place. On Monday, the South Bend Cubs celebrate the last nights of summer vacation with post-game fireworks.
All homestand games take place at Four Winds Field, 501 W. South Street, South Bend. Tickets can be purchased online or by calling the Box Office at 574-235-9988.
Saturday, August 10, vs Fort Wayne TinCaps, 7:05 p.m. ET
- Gates open at 5 p.m.
- Star Wars Night: Come dressed as your favorite characters and bid on game-worn Star Wars jerseys. Proceeds to benefit South Bend Cubs Charities. Special appearance by The Northern Darkness Garrison: 501st Legion
- Flat Screen Saturday: Every inning, one fan in attendance will win a 55-inch flat screen TV
Sunday, August 11, vs. Fort Wayne TinCaps, 2:05 p.m. ET
- Gates open at noon
- Backpack Giveaway: The first 1,000 fans through the gates will receive an Indiana 811 backpack
- Faith Day: Join the South Bend Cubs in a day of faith and family
- Sundae FUNday: Play catch on the field before the game and meet your favorite South Bend Cubs player during the pre-game autograph session
Monday, August 12, vs Fort Wayne TinCaps, 7:05 p.m. ET
- Gates open at 6 p.m.
- Post-Game Fireworks: Begin immediately following the game
As a reminder, the gates open two hours prior to the first pitch for all Friday, Saturday and Sunday games throughout the season. The 1st Source Bank Performance Center will be open during home games for all ticket holders.
About the South Bend Cubs
The South Bend Cubs are the Class A minor league affiliate of the 2016 World Series Champion Chicago Cubs. Over the past 31 seasons, the team has won five Midwest League titles, most recently in 2005, and has captured 12 division titles. In 2019, the South Bend Cubs will host the Midwest League All-Star Game. In June 2017, Four Winds Field, home of the South Bend Cubs, was voted Best Class A ballpark in the country by Ballpark Digest. In 2015 the team was named Ballpark Digest's Team of the Year and received the John H. Johnson President's Award, the highest award in minor league baseball. The team is owned and operated by Swing-Batter-Swing, LLC whose principal shareholder is Andrew T. Berlin of Chicago, Ill.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.