The State College Spikes are unveiling the club's 2014 promotional schedule in three parts between April 22-24. On Tuesday, the Spikes announced Fireworks Nights and the team's Daily Value Promotional Schedule. Wednesday, the team is unveiling its 2014 giveaway schedule. Today is the release of the team's appearance and special event schedule.
The State College Spikes have completed the announcement of the team's 2014 promotional schedule by unveiling the lineup of celebrity appearances, entertainment acts and theme nights coming to Medlar Field at Lubrano Park this summer. The Spikes 38-game home schedule will run from June 14 to August 30.
Characters from two of television's most popular shows -- one present and one past -- will headline this summer's celebrity appearance schedule. Back due to popular demand will be Mountain Man from the hit A&E reality show "Duck Dynasty" for the Spikes' 7:05 p.m. game on Saturday, July 26 vs. Auburn (Nationals). His appearance is presented by ServiceMaster by Holobinko & Merry Maids and Big Froggy 101.
Last July, Mountain Man made a memorable first appearance at Medlar Field, signing autographs for fans over two hours after the completion of that night's game and entertaining everyone with his ultra-slow Louisiana drawl.
Sunday, June 29 when State College hosts Williamsport (Phillies) at 6:05 p.m., Spikes fans will have the opportunity to meet and greet 90's television star Alfonso Ribeiro presented by B94.5 FM. Ribeiro is best known for his role opposite Will Smith as spoiled rich teenager "Carlton Banks" on NBC's "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air." The show, which aired from 1990 to 1996, remains popular today due to cable syndication.
Ribeiro's appearance also inspired one of the Spikes' two popular "Jersey Off the Back" promotions this season. During the June 29 game, Spikes players will wear specially-designed "Fresh Prince" jerseys (shown above) with artwork inspired by the opening credit scene from the show. The jerseys will be auctioned off during the game, with all proceeds benefiting Children's Miracle Network thanks to game night sponsor PSECU.
The Spikes' Paint the Park Pink Night jersey auction will also return on Sunday, August 3 for the 6:05 p.m. contest against Hudson Valley (Rays). Special pink ribbon jerseys, presented by Mount Nittany Health, will be worn by players during the game and auctioned off to benefit the Foundation For Mount Nittany Medical Center.
Other highlights of the Spikes 2014 appearance and theme night schedule:
- Popular Bark in the Park Nights will take place on Thursday, June 19 and Saturday, August 2 thanks to Metzger Animal Hospital and NEWSRADIO 103. Fans are invited to bring their dogs to the 7:05 p.m. games
- "Cowboy Monkey Rodeo" returns during the Spikes' Friday, June 27 game thanks to PA Preferred and NEWSRADIO 103. Tim Lepard and his team of monkeys, dogs and sheep will entertain before, during and after the 7:05 p.m. game vs. Williamsport
- Ladies Night presented by Circulatory Centers and MAJIC 99 on Thursday, August 14 at 7:05 p.m. vs. Mahoning Valley (Indians) will feature a post-game "Diamond Dash" with one lucky lady winning a $1,000 Confer's Jewelers diamond.
- "World Soccer Night" on Wednesday, June 18 vs. Batavia will celebrate the "Beautiful Game" during the Spikes' 7:05 p.m. contest and feature a Spikes Futbol Scarf giveaway for the first 1,000 fans thanks to P.J. Harrigan's.
- The July 14 "Super Splash Day" will once again turn Medlar Field into a kids' water park during the special 12 p.m. first pitch against Staten Island.
- "Princess Night/Daddy-Daughter Date Night" will debut this season on Monday, August 7, when the Spikes host Hudson Valley (Rays). Fathers and daughters will receive a ticket special to attend the game, and following the 7:05 p.m. game DJ Ricky LaPean from Stress Busters Entertainment will emcee a daddy-daughter dance on the Spikes Fun Deck.
The Spikes complete 2014 promotional calendar can be viewed by clicking here.
The Spikes offer the area's most fun, affordable night out with ticket prices ranging between just $6-12. Single-game tickets for all 38 home dates will go on sale to the public this Saturday, April 26. At 9 a.m. single-game tickets can be purchased as part of an online-only pre-sale. At 12 p.m. tickets can be purchased in person at the Spikes Season Kickoff Party at Damon's Sports Bar & Grill or over the phone by calling (814) 272-1711.
Season Tickets, Value Plans, McDonald's Flex Books and an array of group and corporate hospitality options are currently available and can be reserved by calling (814) 272-1711. To view the complete menu of Spikes ticket options for the 2014 season click here.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.