SPOKANE, Wash. - In a battle of division leaders, the Hillsboro Hops used back-to-back four run innings to take down the Spokane Indians, 8-2, on Storybook Princess Night presented by News 4 Now, The BIG 99.9 Coyote Country, and Family Guide.
- Derwin Barreto was one of the bright spots for the Indians' offense. His 3-for-4 performance was his second multi-hit game this week.
- Zak Kent threw two scoreless innings to start the game. He's given up three runs across eight innings his past four starts, lasting two innings each time.
- Dylan Bice made his Spokane Indians debut, striking out two Hops in two scoreless innings.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Blaine Crim drove in his leagueleading 38th run of the season.
- Spokane went 3-for-14 with runners in scoring position and left 12 on base.
- Spokane will look to avoid backto-back losses on Saturday. They have not lost consecutive games since August 1-2.
With Spokane leading 1-0 in the top of the fourth, Derwin Barreto missed a potential double play ground ball. Hillsboro would make Spokane pay, scoring four runs after the error to take a 4-1 lead. The Hops would strike for four more in the fifth to put the game out of reach.
AROUND THE LEAGUE
Tri-City defeated Boise to move within one game of Spokane in the second half. Everett moves to three games back with their walk-off victory against Eugene. Hillsboro continues to have a stranglehold in the South Division.
NEXT GAME AT AVISTA STADIUM
The Indians continue their four-game series against the Hillsboro Hops on Saturday for Spokane Chiefs Hockey & Firework's Night presented by Bulldog Rooter, KHQ, and KEY 101. Go Chiefs Go! The Spokane Indians will celebrate our great partnership with the Spokane Chiefs Hockey Team including special edition Chiefs baseball jerseys available for auction. Chiefs players will be at Avista Stadium to sign autographs, take photos, and more! Stick around after the game for a spectacular fireworks show. Gates open at 5:30 PM with first pitch at 6:30 PM. Tickets for all Spokane Indians home game are available to purchase at the Avista Stadium Ticket Office or at SpokaneIndians.com. Reserve your seats today by calling (509) 343-OTTO (6886) or TicketsWest at 1-800-325-SEAT.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.