SPOKANE, Wash. - The Redband Rally struck again on Dollars In Your Dog Night presented by Pizza Factory and 103.1 KCDA. Trailing the Tri-City Dust Devils 6-5 heading into the bottom of the ninth inning, Starling Joseph scored on a throwing error to tie the game, and then Jake Hoover drove in Derwin Barreto to complete the rally for a 7-6 victory.
- Jake Hoover went 2-for-4, including the walk-off RBI double in the ninth inning. It's his sixth multi-hit game of the season.
- Jonah McReynolds finished 2-for-3 on the night with a run and an RBI.
- Jeifry Nunez inherited a bases-loaded situation in the first inning and proceeded to get out of the jam with a strikeout. The right-hander picked up where he left off in the first inning and finished the day with 4.1 innings of shutout baseball with a trio of strikeouts.
- Werner Leal was strong out of the bullpen once again. He threw 2.2 scoreless innings with three Ks. The outing moved his ERA to a jaw-dropping 0.57, and he's struck out 42 batters while only issuing six walks.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Blaine Crim went 2-for-5 on the night for his third-consecutive multi-hit game. He's had multiple hits in 11 of his last 19 games. His .343 batting average ranks second in the Northwest League.
- All six errors by Tri-City tonight came after the fourth inning. The six errors led to four unearned runs by Spokane.
- While the Indians did enough to win Thursday, Spokane went just 2-for 11 with runners in scoring position, and left 11 runners on base.
After Starling Joseph scored on an error to tie the game 6-6 in the ninth inning, Jake Hoover stepped up with Derwin Barreto on second base as the game-winning run. Facing a 1-2 count, Hoover smacked a ball to right-center field that just fell out of the glove of centerfielder Reinaldo Ilarraza. Reading the play, Barreto raced home from close to second base and just beat a diving tag by catcher Alison Quintero to give Spokane a 7-6 comeback victory.
AROUND THE NWL NORTH DIVISION
With the win, the Indians are now tied with the Tri-City Dust Devils atop the Second Half NWL North Division standings. Vancouver held on for a 7-5 home victory over Everett. The Dust Devils and Indians are two games ahead of the Canadians and AquaSox in the division.
NEXT GAME AT AVISTA STADIUM
The Indians continue their three-game series with the Tri-City Dust Devils on Friday for Star Wars Night presented by KHQ, 93.7 The Mountain, and Nspire Magazine. Join the Spokane Indians as we transform Avista Stadium into a galaxy far, far away. The night will include Star Wars trivia, character appearances, and a special Star Wars jersey auction benefiting the Community Cancer Fund! Get to the stadium early for drink specials during Happy Hour presented by The Inlander from 5:30-6:30! Stick around after the game for Dairy Queen Circle the Bases! Gates open at 5:30 PM with first pitch at 6:30 PM. Tickets for all Spokane Indians home game are available to purchase at the Avista Stadium Ticket Office or at SpokaneIndians.com. Reserve your seats today by calling (509) 343-OTTO (6886) or TicketsWest at 1-800-325-SEAT.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.