New York-Penn League Playoff Procedures
Semi-Final Championship Series (SFS) - Best 2 of 3 format
· Three Divisional Champions and one Wild Card will play in two separate Semi-Final Championship Series (SFS).
· The Wild Card shall play the Division Champion with the best won/lost percentage in one SFS; and the other two Division Champions shall play each other in the other SFS.
· The Division Champion playing the Wild Card will host SFS Game 2 and SFS Game 3 (with the Wild Card hosting SFS Game 1) in their series; and, as between the other two Division Champions, the Division Champion with the best won/lost percentage will host SFS Game 2 and SFS Game 3 (with the other Division Champion hosting SFS Game 1) in their series.
· The Club winning two games first - in each SFS - is a SFS Champion.
League Championship Series (LCS) - Best 2 of 3 format
· The two SFS Champions will play in the League Championship Series (LCS).
· The Division Champion with the best won/lost percentage will host LCS Game 2 and LCS Game 3 (with the other Division Champion or the Wild Card hosting LCS Game 1).
· The Club winning two games first is the League Champion.
If two or more Clubs have identical win/loss percentages,
a. the Division Champions will be determined by NYPL Rule 2.1;
b. the Wild Card will be determined by NYPL Rule 2.2; and
c. the determination of which Division Champion will:
i. play Wild Card is determined by NYPL Rule 2.2;
ii. host which SFS Games is determined by NYPL Rule 2.2; or
iii. host which LCS Games is determined by NYPL Rule 2.3.
SFS - Semi-Final Championship Series
LCS - League Championship Series
NYPL Rule - New York-Penn League Rules
1. If a club is required to travel 500 or more miles, an OFF DAY will be added for travel.
2. If both SFS conclude on September 6th, then both SFS Champions will have an OFF DAY on September 7th and the LCS will begin on September 8th.
3. If a playoff game would ordinarily be played on September 11th at Staten Island, an OFF DAY will be scheduled and playoff game will be played on September 12th.
4. If more than three calendar days are needed to complete a SFS (due to rainout, suspended game or or other reason), the affected SFS Champion may NOT have an OFF DAY between the SFS and LCS Game 1 (unless travel between the final SFS Game and LCS Game 1 locations is 500+ miles).
5. Although changes to this Playoff Schedule are subject to these Guidelines, the ultimate decision of the League President regarding any change is final. Potential scenarios are not limited by the scenarios described above.