North Little Rock, AR-The Arkansas Travelers rode a pair of big innings and a strong starting pitching performance to an 11-2 series opening win over the Frisco RoughRiders on Tuesday night at Dickey-Stephens Park. An 18 hit attack featured 13 singles, four doubles and a solo homerun with the Travs going 9-17 with runners in scoring position on the night while Frisco was just 1-11.
Moments That Mattered
- Six straight Travs had hits to open the bottom of the second as they grabbed the lead.
- Bryan Evans worked around leadoff doubles in both the fourth and fifth innings keeping the Traveler lead at three.
- Arkansas broke the game open with five runs in the sixth inning, three of them scoring after two outs.
Notable Travs Performances
- DH Ryan Casteel: 3-5, 2B, HR, 3 runs, 2 RBIs
- 1B Seth Mejias-Brean: 3-4, run, RBI
- RF Chuck Taylor: 2-5, run, 2 RBIs
- 2B Nelson Ward: 2-4, 2 2B, 2 runs, RBI
- 3B Chris Mariscal: 2-4, run, 2 RBIs
- RHP Bryan Evans: Win, 6 IP, 5 H, R, BB, 6 K, HR
- RHP Blake Perry: 2 IP, 3 K
Arkansas and Frisco play the middle game of their series on Wednesday night. Right-hander Lindsey Caughel (8-9, 4.09) starts against righty Tyler Davis (2-1, 2.54). First pitch is at 7:10 and it is a $1 hot dog night and college night at DSP. The game will also be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.