Springfield, MO-The Arkansas Travelers were denied a sweep by the Cardinals on Friday night as Springfield took a 6-2 victory. It was the final road game of the season for the Travs who wrapped up the last roadtrip with a 5-2 record.
Moments That Mattered
- The Travs hit into double plays to end both the second and third innings. The Cardinals turned three double plays on the night.
- Jacob Wilson lofted a 3-run homer for the just over the fence in right and just out of the reach of a leading Chuck Taylor to give Springfield firm control of the game.
- Seth Mejias-Brean gave the Travs their runs with a two-run blast to left-center.
Notable Travs Performances
- 3B Seth Mejias-Brean: 1-4, run, HR, 2 RBI
- C Steven Baron: 2-4
- LHP Zac Curtis: 1.2 IP, H, K
Arkansas opens the final series of the season at home on Saturday night against Northwest Arkansas. Righty Aaron West (0-4, 3.26) is the scheduled starter for the Travs against righty Josh Staumont (3-3, 4.81). First pitch is at 6:10 and the first 1,000 fans through the DSP gates receive a frisbee. The game will also be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.