Springdale, AR-Despite a great start to the game, the Arkansas Travelers fell to the Northwest Arkansas Naturals 7-2 in the deciding game of the series. The Travs scored twice in the first but also left two men on base in the inning. For the night, they stranded 11 runners and were just 2-13 when batting with a runner in scoring position.
Moments That Mattered
- Arkansas opened the scoring with a Kyle Waldrop RBI double in the first followed by a sacrifice fly from Marcus Littlewood later in the inning.
- In the third, the Travs drew a pair of walks but failed to score as Chris Mariscal's hot shot was stabbed by the pitcher and turned into an inning ending double play.
- Northwest Arkansas hit three solo homers to take the lead over the third and fourth innings.
- A four run flurry by the Naturals over a span of five hitters in the fifth inning pushed their lead out to the final margin of five. The decisive stretch included four hits and a walk.
Notable Travs Performances
- CF Braden Bishop: 3-5, 2B, run, 6 game hitting streak
- LF Chuck Taylor: 2-5, 2B (21), run, 25th multi-hit game of season
- RF Kyle Waldrop: 2-4, 2B (26), RBI (67), 39th multi-hit game of season
The Travelers return home Thursday night to begin a 10 game, 11 day homestand with the opener of a four game set against the Tulsa Drillers. Lefty Anthony Misiewicz (3-2, 3.65) starts against righty David Hale (2-0, 3.52). First pitch is set for 7:10 and it is Woo Pig Sooie Theme Night at Dickey-Stephens Park. The game will also be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.