North Little Rock, AR-Nine innings were not enough to decide a pitcher's duel Wednesday night at Dickey-Stephens Park as the Frisco RoughRiders emerged victorious over the Arkansas Travelers, 2-1, in 11 innings. Starter Lindsey Caughel continued his recent run of good pitching for Arkansas but settled for no decision as did Frisco's Tyler Davis.
Moments That Mattered
- Chuck Taylor's two out RBI hit in the third scored Braden Bishop to give the Travs an early lead.
- Frisco tied it in the next inning with three consecutive two out hits capped by an infield hit off the bat of Michael O'Neill.
- Arkansas had the go-ahead run at third with one out in the eighth but failed to score, eventually leaving the bases loaded in the inning.
- The game-winning run came home on an RBI single from Eric Aguilera as Frisco connected for three straight hits to open the 11th.
Notable Travs Performances
- CF Braden Bishop: 3-4, 2B, walk, run
- LF Chuck Taylor: 2-3, 2 walks, RBI
- RHP Lindsey Caughel: 6 IP, 6 H, R, BB, 7 K
- RHP Darin Gillies: 2 IP, H, K
- RHP Ryan Kelly: 2 IP, K
Arkansas and Frisco play the rubber match of their three game series on Thursday night. Righty Chase De Jong makes his Traveler debut on the mound against righty Collin Wiles (8-9, 4.10). First pitch is set for 7:10 and it is Super Hero Theme Night. The game will also be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.