North Little Rock, AR-The Arkansas Travelers took a thrilling 10 inning victory over the Tulsa Drillers, 3-2 on Friday night in front of 7,668 at Dickey-Stephens Park. Chuck Taylor provided the walk-off heroics with a bouncing base hit in the 10th. The Travs were able to regroup after Tulsa's Peter O'Brien tied the score with a two-run homer with the Travs one out away from a shutout win. Arkansas' win brought an end to Tulsa's eight game win streak.
Moments That Mattered
- Marcus Littlewood slugged a solo homer in the second inning. It was his seventh of the season and his second long ball in as many nights.
- Kyle Waldrop ripped a ground-rule double scoring Joey Wong with two out in the fifth.
- After former Trav Blake Gailen hit an infield single with two out in the ninth, O'Brien's homer tied the score.
- Joey Wong drew a leadoff walk in the 10th and moved to second on Braden Bishop's bunt.
- Taylor chopped the 0-1 pitch from Brian Moran over the head of the first baseman for the winning hit.
Notable Travs Performances
- RHP Lindsey Caughel: 7 IP, 3 H, BB, 5 K
- LF Chuck Taylor: 2-5, RBI
- DH Marcus Littlewood: 1-4, HR (7), run, RBI
- SS Joey Wong: 0-2, 2 walks, 2 runs
Arkansas and Tulsa play game three of their series on Saturday night. Right-hander Justin DeFratus (5-5, 4.74) starts against righty Yadier Alvarez (0-0, 3.12). First pitch is at 6:10 and the first 1000 fans will receive a Travs mini-bat. The game will also be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.