North Little Rock, AR-The Arkansas Travelers earned a split of a four game series with an 8-4 win over the Tulsa Drillers on Sunday night. The decisive sixth inning saw the Travs score all four of their runs with two outs. Arkansas had 21 baserunners on the night including a season-best six doubles and batted 7-22 with men in scoring position. Moments That Mattered
- Joey Wong opened the scoring with an RBI single in the second.
- Ryan Casteel began a big night on a go-ahead RBI double with two out in the third.
- Down a run in the fifth, Seth Mejias-Brean followed an inning opening walk by Chuck Taylor and a double from Kyle Waldrop with a tying RBI single.
- The four run onslaught in the sixth inning began with Taylor's two out RBI double to left field putting the Travs on top. Mejias-Brean, Marcus Littlewood and Casteel (double) followed with RBIs later in the inning.
- Braden Bishop made a spectacular sliding catch in deepest left-center field to end the top of the seventh preventing two runs and keeping the lead at four.
Notable Travs Performances
- 1B Ryan Casteel: 3-5, 3 2B, 3 RBIs
- SS Joey Wong: 3-3, walk, run, RBI
- 3B Seth Mejias-Brean: 2-4, walk, run, 2 RBIs
- LF Chuck Taylor: 2-4, 2B, walk, 2 runs, RBI
- RHP Aaron West: 2 IP, 2 H, K
After a day off Monday, the homestand continues for the Travs on Tuesday night as the Frisco RoughRiders come to Dickey-Stephens Park. Right-hander Bryan Evans (0-1, 12.60) makes his second start for Arkansas against righty Ariel Jurado (8-9, 4.71) for Frisco. It will be AR 529 Baseball Bingo and a Zoosday Tuesday. First pitch is set for 7:10 and the game will also be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.