North Little Rock, AR-Missed chances and 10 runners left on base haunted the Arkansas Travelers in a 4-3 loss to the Midland RockHounds on Friday night at Dickey-Stephens Park. The Travs outhit the Hounds by a 10-6 count but fell one run short.
Moments That Mattered
- Down a run in the 1st, Arkansas loaded the bases on three straight singles to open the bottom of the inning from Braden Bishop, Chris Mariscal and Chuck Taylor but failed to score.
- Midland scored twice in the fourth; one on an RBI single from Tyler Ramirez and then again when Ramirez stole second and the throw got away allowing Max Schrock to race home.
- Tyler Marlette hit a 2-run single up the middle with the bases loaded in the eighth to cut it to a one run game and put the tying run at third and go-ahead run at first but Arkansas could not pull even.
Notable Travs Performances
- DH Marcus Littlewood: 2-4, run
- C Tyler Marlette: 1-4, 2 RBIs
- LHP Kyle Hunter: 3 IP, H, 3 K
Arkansas and Midland continue their series on Saturday night with a 6:10 first pitch. 20-year old righty Nick Neidert (0-3, 5.74) starts for the Travs against righty Casey Meisner (4-3, 4.46). Gates open early at 4:30 with Midget wrestling on the field pregame at 5:15. The game (but not the wrestling) will be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.