Springdale, AR-The final roadtrip of the season for Arkansas Travelers opened in celebratory fashion with a resounding 13-3 win over the Northwest Arkansas Naturals. The Travs banged out 15 hits and drew a season-best 11 walks on their way to the win. Five players had multiple hits and four drove in more than one run. On the opposite side, three Travs pitchers combined to retire the final 13 hitters of the game.
Moments That Mattered
- Down a run early, Marcus Littlewood put the Travs on top with a two-run homer.
- Seth Mejias-Brean smoked a two-run single with two out in the fourth off reliever Tim Hill extending the Travs' lead to five.
- Arkansas put the game out of reach late, drawing seven walks in the final two innings. Ryan Casteel cleared the bases with a 3-run double in the ninth.
Notable Travs Performances
- RF Chuck Taylor: 2-5, 3 runs, BB
- 1B Ryan Cateel: 2-3, 3 runs, 3 BB, 2B, 4 RBIs
- 3B Seth Mejias-Brean: 4-6, 2 2B, 3 RBIs
- C Marcus Littlewood: 2-6, run, HR, 3 RBIs
- LHP Kyle Hunter: 4 IP, 4 H, R, 2 K
- RHP Ryne Harper: 2 IP, K
The Travelers and Naturals continue their three game set with a Sunday matinee. Righty Chase De Jong (0-2, 6.00) makes the start against righty Zach Lovvorn (4-7, 4.71). First pitch is set for 2:05 and the game will be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.