Springdale, AR-The Arkansas Travelers matched a season-high with their fourth consecutive victory as they defeated the Northwest Arkansas Naturals 5-4 on Sunday afternoon. An early four run lead plus an important late insurance run were enough offense to withstand the Naturals comeback effort.
Moments That Mattered
- Chuck Taylor opened the game with a double and came home later in the inning on a sacrifice fly from Dario Pizzano.
- Steven Baron capped the three-run third inning with a key two out two-run single.
- With two out in the seventh, four straight Travs reached base with Tyler Marlette's bases loaded walk forcing in an insurance run.
- Darin Gillies notched a strikeout (the first of four straight for him) to end the seventh and strand a runner.
- With the tying run aboard in the ninth, Ryan O'Hearn lined out to the shortstop to end the game.
Notable Travs Performances
- 1B Ryan Casteel: 2-5, run
- C Steven Baron: 2-4, 2 RBIs
- RHP Chase De Jong: Win, 5 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 3 BB, 5 K
- RHP Darin Gillies: 1.1 IP, H, R, 4 K
- LHP Zac Curtis: Save, IP, H, K
Arkansas goes for a sweep of the three game series on Monday night with right-hander Aaron West (0-3, 2.93) going up against righty Josh Staumont (2-3, 5.59). First pitch from Springdale is set for 7:05 and the game will be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.