North Little Rock, AR-The Tulsa Drillers posted three big innings on their way to a 13-1 win over the Arkansas Travelers on Saturday night in front of 7,729 at Dickey-Stephens Park. The big inning for the Drillers was an eight run sixth when 12 batters came to the plate. Former Trav Blake Gailen had the biggest night for the Drillers putting up a career-high two homers and six runs batted in.
Moments That Mattered
- Arkansas opened the scoring by loading the bases with two out in the second and then Ryan Casteel came home on a wild pitch.
- In the third, the Travs put their first two men on base but Yaider Alvarez responded by striking out the next three hitters in succession.
- Jacob Scavuzzo tied the game in the fifth with a solo homer.
- Gailen's first homer of the night, a two-run shot, made it 4-1 in the sixth before he blasted a three-run shot later.
Notable Travs Performances
- 3B Chris Mariscal: 3-4
- CF Braden Bishop: 1-4, SB (4), two sensational catches
- RHP Justin DeFratus: Loss, 5 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 K
Arkansas and Tulsa wrap up their four game series on Sunday night with a 6:10 first pitch. It is a Family Sunday and an Operation: Military Appreciation Sunday. Righty Nick Neidert (0-3, 6.14) makes the start against righty Dennis Santana (1-0, 4.09). The game will be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.