The Vancouver Canadians Baseball Club has a number of exciting summertime opportunities for candidates who are passionate about baseball, sunshine and putting our amazing fans first. To learn more, please read below and contact us today!
The Vancouver Canadians Baseball Club is excited to offer the following positions for upcoming baseball season out at historic Scotiabank Field at Nat Bailey Stadium! For more information about current or future employment opportunities, please email us at email@example.com. Below is a list of positions we are currently searching for the right people who understand our fans first model to join our Canadians family. As we are a team based in Canada, only those with Canadian citizenship or valid Canadian working VISA's should apply.
The Vancouver Canadians Professional Baseball Club's Sales Internship offers ambitious, responsible and hard-working individuals the opportunity to build experience and learn how to become successful in sports and in business.
This is a highly competitive program in a fast paced learning environment.
Job responsibilities include:
- Generating revenue by making outgoing calls to local businesses for ticket and group opportunities while adhering to the Vancouver Canadians Baseball Club's high standard of customer service
- Responding to fan requests regarding ticket, group and general inquiries
- Assisting the Box Office and executing ticket sales using our CRM and Ticket Management systems as well as cash handling responsibilities
- Representing the Vancouver Canadians at community and networking events around the Lower Mainland and cultivating future client relationships
- Executing Game Day sponsored promotions
- Other tasks assigned by the Vancouver Canadians Baseball Club.
Term: May 1st to September 1st
Applicants must be available from May through September, previous sales experience is an asset but not required. Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A&B Tool Rentals Grounds Crew / Stadium Operations Assistant:
The A&B Tool Rentals Grounds Crew is looking for new members to join them this coming summer out at historic Scotiabank Field at Nat Bailey Stadium.
We are seeking a hardworking individual who can keep up with the demands of grounds and stadium operations with an interest in full-time seasonal work. This individual will possess at least 5 years work experience, an eye for detail, a strong work ethic, a passion for the game of baseball and be flexible enough to accommodate a demanding schedule that can go well beyond the '9-5'.
Term: May 1st to September 1st
- Assisting the Stadium Operations Manager and Head Groundskeeper with daily operational tasks
- General cleaning, repairs and maintenance to a heritage baseball stadium
- Infield prep including plate, mound and bullpen repair
- Landscaping projects including replacing turf and basic lawn and garden maintenance
- Painting and surface repairs & maintenance as part of in season and pre-season building prep
- Pressure washing and cleaning of the seating bowl
- Other requirements as assigned by the Vancouver Canadians
- High School Degree
- An eye for detail and passion for going the 'extra mile'
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to lift heavy items
- Previous painting, construction or maintenance experience an asset
Candidates should possess a valid Canadian working VISA and be available for a demanding work schedule between the months of May and September.
Previous landscaping and facility maintenance experience is an asset but not required. Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Food Service Team:
Join our partners at Aramark Sports Entertainment in any of their several game day positions. Exceptional Customer Service and a fun attitude are the most important qualifications but previous restaurant or concessions experience is an asset. Available jobs include:
- * Bartenders
- * Stand Leaders
- * Grandstand Hawkers
- * Suite Attendants
- * WestJet Plus Zone Servers
- Food Preparation Attendants
- Warehouse Staff Members
- Concessions Cooks
- Catering Staff
- Concessions Attendants
* Indicates applicants must be 19+
Term: June 15th - September 15th
Interested applicants please email your resume and cover letter to Graham-Iain@aramark.com
St. John Ambulance Fan Services Usher:
The Vancouver Canadians Professional Baseball Club Fan Service Department is a team of fun, enthusiastic employees who are responsible for making every fan's experience at Scotiabank Field at Nat Bailey Stadium an unforgettable one. Minor League Baseball survives on a safe, clean and fun fan experience, and as a member of our game day family, it is our responsibility to deliver this for every fan that walks through our turnstyles.
Whether you are an avid baseball fan, or don't know a batter's box from a bullpen, this is an exciting opportunity to work with a great team of individuals, build on your customer service experience and have fun in an entertaining family friendly environment all summer long. Previous Customer Service experience is an asset but not required.
- Greeting every guest with a smile
- Understanding the layout of the ballpark
- Direct and assist guests with any service-related issues
- Monitor seating areas and crowd control
- Respond to guest problems and questions, ensuring appropriate action is taken
- Participating in Game Day operational and promotional elements
- Assist with Ballpark Operations Dept. to ensure Scotiabank Field at Nat Bailey Stadium is fully operational, functional and adheres to Vancouver Canadians Baseball Club standards.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Vancouver Canadians Baseball Club.
- Proven experience in the Customer Service industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively and professionally with a diverse customer base
- Excellent problem solving and crisis management skills while remaining calm and professional
- A confident, friendly, approachable, and outgoing team player
- Must be able to;
- Be available to work at least 90% of the Vancouver Canadians home schedule (38 games)
- Safely lift up to 30lbs (i.e: assisting with strollers, wheelchairs, etc.)
- Speak fluent english (other langauges are always viewed as an asset)
- If you are a Non-Canadian resident, you must hold a valid work permit.
Desired Qualifications & Skills:
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Training/Volunteering in assisting those with special needs
- First Aid Certificate (Level I or higher)
- Be a team player who rises to a challenge and strives for continuous service excellence.
If you are interested in joining our game day family, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Housing Family Program:
Do you have a spare bedroom and want to contribute to the success of an aspiring Toronto Blue Jays Prospect?
The Vancouver Canadians Baseball Club is looking for a handful of local families who have an available bedroom and willingness to welcome a Vancouver Canadians player into their family during the season.
Our Housing Family Program connects our players with families who live in Vancouver and the North Shore to stay with them during their time as a Vancouver Canadian. For many players, Vancouver is their first stop on their journey to the Big Leagues, so our housing families help provide a safe and welcoming foundation which allows them to focus on baseball during the summer.
Housing families are expected to include their player in meal planning, and provide accommodations for the summer months of mid-June to late August. C's players become a cherished part of the family, and in many cases, keep in touch long after their time in Vancouver is complete. Housing Families receive Season Tickets to cheer their player on all season long. If you'd like to receive more information on becoming a Canadians Housing Family, please email Allan Bailey at email@example.com.
Volunteer Team Driver:
The Vancouver Canadians are looking for a handful of volunteer team drivers to help transport our players to and from their Vancouver homes to Scotiabank Field at Nat Bailey Stadium during the season when the team is at home. A standard drivers licence and driving history is mandatory, but professional driving experience is not required. Our volunteer drivers are part of our Canadians family, and receive Season Tickets to cheer on the C's during the 2018 season. If you'd like to be a volunteer driver this season, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.