The ground was broken for Monongalia County Ballpark on October 17, 2013. The West Virginia Black Bears share the facility with the West Virginia University Mountaineers of the Big 12 Conference.
The inaugural game for the Black Bears at Mon. County Ballpark was on June 19, 2015 against the Mahoning Valley Scrappers. This marked the beginning of a new era as it was the first time professional baseball had a home in Morgantown.
- Mailing Address: PO Box 4680, Star City, WV 26504.
- Cost: $21 million
- Playing Surface: All synthetic turf, except pitcher's mound which is clay
- Field Dimensions: 325 ft. Right-Field and Left Field Lines, 375 ft. Power Alleys, 400 ft. Center Field
- Fence Height: Approximately 8ft., 16 Ft. in Left Field
- Seat Capacity: 3,500 (Including Standing Room)
- Location: 2040 Gyorko Dr. Granville, WV 26534
- Ballpark Design: DLA+ Architecture and Interior Design
- First Game: Mahoning Valley, 06/19/2015 (7-15, L)
- First Win: Mahoning Valley, 06/21/2015 (5-4, Karch)
During the Black Bears' 2015 NY-Penn League Championship season, the Black Bears hosted the ballpark's first ever postseason game against the Williamsport Crosscutters in the semi-final round (09/10/2015).
In 2015, Monongalia County Ballpark was voted Baseball Digest Fans' Choice Best Short Season A Ballpark and Baseballparks.com's 2015 Ballpark of the Year (DLA+).