WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (March 12, 2018) - The Winston-Salem Dash kick off their ninth season at BB&T Ballpark on Thursday, April 12. The 2018 season will include great promotions for Dash fans of all ages to enjoy.
Among the newest recurring promotions, the Dash will allow children who are 12 and under to enjoy the Kids Zone for free for all Sunday through Wednesday evening home games. Also, kids of that same age range will receive a free bag of popcorn on each of our Lowes Foods Family Sundays. Just like prior years, two Dash players will sign autographs on the concourse before every Sunday home contest.
The team will be bringing back one of its most popular food-related promotions. Rebranded from "All-You-Can-Eat for Free Nights" to "Free Food Tuesdays", fans will enjoy free hot dogs, hamburgers and cheeseburgers through the seventh inning for eight of the Dash's nine Tuesday home contests (May 1, May 22, June 5, June 12, July 24, July 31, August 7 and August 21). Normal ticket prices apply.
The following promotional nights will also be back at BB&T Ballpark this season:
- Pups in the Park Wednesdays - For six Wednesday home games (June 6, June 13, August 1, August 8, August 22 and August 29) and one Thursday contest (April 19), fans can bring their furry friend to the ballpark. Lawn seats are only $8, and Pooch Passes are $5, with proceeds benefitting an animal-related charity.
- Thirsty Thursdays, presented by Lowes Foods - Select beers will be available for just $1 through the seventh inning.
- Fireworks Fridays - All 11 Friday games at BB&T Ballpark will precede a Fireworks display. Fireworks will also follow the Dash's game on Wednesday, July 4.
- Chick-fil-A Four Pack Nights - On six Saturdays this season (April 14, May 12, June 2, June 16, July 7 and August 11), the Dash and the Chick-fil-A at Thruway Shopping Center are teaming up to offer fans the best entertainment deal in the Triad. For as low as $32, fans will receive four tickets to the game, along with four Dash hats and four Original Chicken Sandwich Vouchers, redeemable at the Chick-fil-A at Thruway Shopping Center. This deal must be purchased in advance.
- Kids Run the Bases, powered by New Balance Winston-Salem - Youngsters can run the bases after all Friday, Saturday and Sunday games.
- Energize the Ballpark Night with Passion Music (postgame concert) - The Dash have partnered with Energize Ministries for the third annual "Energize the Ballpark" concert at BB&T Ballpark. Following the team's 4 p.m. contest against the Down East Wood Ducks on Saturday, June 23, Passion Music featuring Kristian Stanfill, Melodie Malone and Brett Younker will perform a concert for all fans in attendance.
Other notable promotional events include the following:
- Bolt's Birthday - April 15
- Color and Coffee Night - April 15
- Yoga(mmunity) - April 19, May 10 and June 7
- Education Days (11 a.m. start) - May 2 and May 23
- Pure Barre at the Dash - May 3 and June 14
- Star Wars Day - May 4
- Mother Son Date Night - May 4
- Cinco De Mayo - May 5
- Mother's Day - May 13
- Cycling Nights - May 23 and May 24
- Daddy-Daughter Date Night - June 1 and August 17
- Hometown Heroes USA, presented by Salem One - June 15
- Father's Day - June 17
- Sippin' Sunday - June 24
- Movie Night - June 29
- Fourth of July Extravaganza - July 4
- Camp Day (11 a.m. start) - July 25
- Cancer Survivor Night - August 10
- City of the Arts Night - August 18
For more information on each promotion, visit wsdash.com. The Dash will also celebrate several food-related holidays, including National Eat What You Want Day (May 11), National Donut Day (June 1) and National Ice Cream Day (July 15), by offering special discounts. All promotions are subject to change.
The Dash's home slate begins with a Lowes Foods Thirsty Thursday. The other promotions during the Dash's opening four-game homestand against the Carolina Mudcats include a Fireworks Friday, a Chick-fil-A Four Pack Night and a Lowes Foods Family Sunday.
Season and single-game tickets for the Dash's 70-game home slate are on sale now. Fans can call (336) 714-2287 or click here to purchase their tickets for the 2018 season.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.