WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (Feb. 16, 2018) - Oh, Say Can You Sing? The Winston-Salem Dash want to find out! The Dash and the Winston-Salem Journal will host their 2018 National Anthem Tryouts on Saturday, March 10, from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the lower level of Hanes Mall below the food court. There will be two rounds of auditions.
- To obtain an invitation to the National Anthem Tryouts, singers must send an audition video to the Dash's Director of Entertainment Jessica Aveyard at email@example.com.
- Videos can be attached by Dropbox or YouTube.
- Entrants must sing a capella, and sheet music or lyrics are not allowed during either the video submission or the audition at Hanes Mall.
- Instrumentalists are also welcome to audition.
- All performances will be recorded, and a celebrity panel of judges will be present. All contestants are asked to dress as if it were gameday, and there will be a 90-second time limit.
- DEADLINE TO SUBMIT A VIDEO: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 5PM EST
Contestants will be notified if they have been selected to move on to the next round by March 1, and only 75 entrants will be guaranteed an audition at Hanes Mall. If you are among the 75 selected, the Dash will notify you of your audition time by email or phone.
From the Tryouts, the Dash will select singers for 50 of their 70 scheduled home games at BB&T Ballpark in 2018, and contestants will be notified by March 23 if they have been selected to perform at a Dash game. The Grand Prize winner will be determined through an online vote on the Journal's website, and he or she will earn a second singing opportunity before the Dash's Fourth of July game, one of the most popular dates on the Dash's schedule each year.
Performers of all ages are welcome to sing, though a parent or guardian must be present at the Tryouts if a participant is younger than 18 years of age. For more information on the National Anthem Tryouts, call Jessica Aveyard at (336) 714-6862.
Single-game tickets for the Dash's 2018 season are on sale now. For more information, call the Dash at (336) 714-2287 or visit wsdash.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.