The Iowa Cubs are seeking a qualified person to manage the team's retail operations. The Director of Merchandise will be responsible for the operation of the Backstop store at Principal Park as well as online, mail and phone orders. This is a full-time and year-round position.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Prepare all retail locations for daily business.
• Assist in purchases for the Backstop store
• Hire, train and supervise all seasonal Retail Sales Team members.
• Maintain staffing records, scheduling, payroll and other reports required by the CFO.
• Complete periodic merchandise inventories and related reports.
• Responsible for all visual merchandising activities.
• Prepare daily reports.
• Create appropriate monthly and year-end reports for the CFO.
• Responsible for meeting or surpassing all goals related to the Retail Department.
• Maintain client list.
• Maintain store website and handle all sales and shipping duties.
• Assist in selecting and ordering of promotional products
• Provide excellent customer service to client base and fans of the Iowa Cubs.
• Assist with the hosting of the high school state baseball tournament.
• Assist with Ticket Operations Department in sales and service as needed.
• Available for duties as assigned by the President/General Manager or Vice President/Assistant General Manager.
Bachelor's degree in a business-related or sports-related field
Working knowledge of Point-of-Sales systems
Strong organizational and communication skills
Outgoing, energetic, team-oriented; strong customer service skills
Ability to work long, flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
Interested individuals should send a cover letter and resume to Vice President and Assistant General Manager Nate Teut