Syracuse, NY-- With the start of baseball just over three weeks away, the Syracuse Chiefs have 10 things you need to know in preparation for the 2014 season:
- The Chiefs will be participating with a float in this year's Syracuse St. Patrick's Parade, to be held this Saturday, March 15th, starting at noon. Chiefs employees and team mascots Scooch and Pops will be on hand to distribute 2014 pocket schedules, Chiefs St. Patrick's Day-themed can koozies, beads and candy.
- Opening Day is right around the corner on Thursday, April 3rd, when the Chiefs face the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders at 2:00pm. Opening Day, presented by Syracuse.com & the Syracuse-Post Standard, is a $1.00 Thursday presented by 95X. Fans can purchase $1 Hofmann Hot Dogs, $1 Coca-Cola products, $1 beer (Saranac, Budweiser & Labatt brands), $1 programs and $3 general admission tickets on Opening Day and all Thursdays throughout the year, as every Thursday in 2014 is a $1.00 Thursday. The first 5,000 fans through the gates on Opening Day will receive a 2014 Chiefs magnet schedule courtesy of Ra-Lin. Ra-Lin will also be giving away a refrigerator to one lucky fan at the game. In addition, Opening Day is a guaranteed win night. If the Chiefs don't win, fans can redeem their ticket stub for any game in April or May.
- World-famous mascot Reggy the Purple Party Dude will bring his popular brand of wacky entertainment to NBT Bank Stadium for the Chiefs' opening four-game series against Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. Reggy is a rare talking mascot who has served as the official spokescharacter of the Mascot Hall of Fame.
- Friday night's game on April 4th has been moved to 5:00pm, because every Friday home game this year is a Fireworks Friday presented by Coca-Cola. April 4th will be the first of 11 Fireworks Fridays in Syracuse this year.
- On Saturday, April 5th, the Chiefs plan to combat the cold weather with a Fleece Blanket Giveaway presented by Coca-Cola. The first 500 fans through the gates at NBT Bank Stadium will receive a Coca-Cola Fleece Blanket as part of our first Giveaway Saturday of the year. The Chiefs will give away a great promotion for every Saturday home game this season, with future promotions such as Scooch and Pops dolls, Saranac pint glasses, Coca-Cola rally towels and more to be announced.
- The finale of Syracuse's opening homestand is a Family Sunday on April 6th. Kids 12 and under are free for all Sunday home games this year and get to run the bases after the game. Sunday will also be the final day of Reggy the Purple Party Dude's stay in Syracuse.
- Every night's a theme night this season at NBT Bank Stadium. On Social Media Mondays, fans have the chance to win great ticket and merchandise promotions and prizes through their Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare accounts. Two-for-Tuesdays allow fans to buy one regular-price ticket and get a second free. And on Winning Wednesdays, fans have the chance to win great prizes throughout the night for each of Syracuse's six Wednesday-night home games. Scheduled prizes include a kayak, courtesy of Herb Phillipsons, and even a free funeral package on Celebration of Life Night, sponsored by Farone & Son Funeral Home.
- You never know what you'll see at NBT Bank Stadium with some of the Chiefs' more off-the-wall promotions in 2014. Syracuse's schedule includes Deport Justin Bieber Night (Friday, April 4th), Star Wars Day (Sunday, May 4th), Carmelo's Ink City Tattoo Night (Tuesday, July 1st) and Salute to Facial Hair Night (Tuesday, August 5th) as just some of the Chiefs' creative ventures.
- 2014 marks the 100th year of Syracuse Chiefs baseball. Syracuse players and coaches will wear a 100th anniversary patch on this year's uniforms throughout the season. The Chiefs will also celebrate their storied history on a 100th Anniversary Night to be announced.
- The Chiefs return to the radio airwaves this year with all 144 games to be broadcast on The Score 1260 AM. Fans can also listen to every game live through a link to The Score on the team's website at syracusechiefs.com. All games will also be heard via The Score 1260's free phone/tablet app, downloadable from iTunes and Google Play.
This list encompasses just a few of the promotions surrounding the new Syracuse Chiefs. For more information, visit syracusechiefs.com to check out what the Chiefs have in store in 2014.