First Pitch Android
MiLB First Pitch is the official mobile app of Minor League Baseball and its 120 clubs, from Triple-A to Single-A. Watch more than 7,000 games live or on demand with an MLB At Bat subscription. Follow the action with Gameday as well as complete stats, schedules, standings and the latest news for every club. First Pitch is the premier app to follow the top Major League prospects.
Supported Android devices for MiLB First Pitch must be running Android OS 8.0 or greater.
MiLB First Pitch is available as a free download from Google Play. With MiLB First Pitch, you can follow Gameday real-time pitch tracking, box scores, play-by-play and stats. You can watch games and view scores by class level and set favorite team(s) for quick access to team schedules, news, standings, rosters, player stats and team websites.
Navigation and Usage
Gameday Pitch-by-Pitch provides you with detailed pitch information including type, speed and location, as well as a list of each play as it happens. It can be accessed from the Team tab.
- Navigate to a Team page.
- Tap on "Gameday" in the live scoreboard to open Gameday Pitch-by-Pitch.
From the Favorite Team, Scores, News, Videos, Standings and More Tabs
- Tap the "TV" icon in the upper-right of the screen.
- Tap on the Minor League game you would like to watch.
- If you are not signed into your MiLB.com account, you will be given the option to sign in with your MiLB.com credentials.
- Once signed in, the app will detect your location to see if blackout or other restrictions apply.
- The stream will begin once access is verified.
Note: You may experience blackout restrictions when attempting to watch Lehigh Valley IronPigs games within their home markets.
MiLB "Settings" can be accessed by tapping on the "More" tab and then tapping on "Settings" in the upper right.
- The "Favorite Teams" section will allow you to initially set or modify your preferences. You can choose favorite team(s) by affiliate or class.
- The First Pitch app can deliver push notifications to your device during the season, if enabled. See the "Subscribing to Push Notifications" section for additional information on subscribing and managing your push notifications.
- The MiLB.com Account setting allows a user to log in with their MiLB.com credentials. Returning MiLB.TV, MLB At Bat or MLB.TV subscribers will enter their MiLB.com credentials to enable viewing of live and archived Minor League content on the app.
SUBSCRIBING TO PUSH NOTIFICATIONS
During initial launch, if a Favorite Team is selected, you will be prompted to choose which notifications you would like to enable.
First Pitch app users can choose from MiLB News and Team Game notifications (Game Start, Game End, Score Change).
Ensure notifications are enabled at the operating system level (Required)
- From the device home screen, tap on "Settings."
- Tap on "Notifications"
- Tap on "App settings"
- Scroll down and tap on First Pitch app.
Configure notifications to your preference
Set the alert style, enable sounds and make other settings updates in the "Notifications" section of "Settings".
Configuring Push Notifications in the First Pitch app
- Tap on the "More" tab in the bottom-right corner of the app
- Tap "Settings" in the top-right corner
- Tap on "Notifications"
- Ensure "Allow Notifications" toggle is set to "On"
- The "MiLB News" option will include league-wide alerts, news and highlights. To receive these notifications, ensure toggle is set to "On"
- To receive Game Start, Game End and Score Change notifications for your favorite teams, ensure toggle is set to "On" next to the team's name.
VIEWING TEAM INFORMATION
To view a specific team's schedule, news, standings, roster and website information, you will want to access its Team Page. You can also configure a favorite team(s), which will create an additional tab for quick access to this information.
Setting a Favorite Team
- Navigate to the "Settings" section
- Tap on "Favorite Teams"
- Select your favorite team(s) based on affiliate or class
Viewing Other Team Pages
- From your favorite team's Team Page, tap on your favorite team's logo/name at the top.
- You can then select among your list of favorite teams, search for a specific team or select another team by MLB affiliate or MiLB class level.
FIND NEWS/VIDEO BY TEAM
To view news or videos for a team, go to that team's page and tap on the "News" or "Video" button. News and videos can be filtered by an individual team by tapping on the team logo in the top center of the section and selecting a team by MLB affiliate or MiLB class.
***ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE THE LATEST DEVICE OPERATING SYSTEM AND FIRST PITCH VERSION PRIOR TO TROUBLESHOOTING***
If you are experiencing difficulty with the MiLB First Pitch application, please follow the steps below as they may resolve the behavior that you are experiencing.
- Navigate to your device home screen
- Tap on the "Menu" key
- Tap on "Settings"
- Tap on "Applications"
- Tap on the application you want to close
- Tap on "Force stop"
- Tap the "Home" key to return to your device home screen
- Restart your device
If you still experience issues after following the above steps, please switch your connectivity from cellular to Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi to cellular. Though Wi-Fi connections are typically an improvement over cellular, that is not always the case. Please understand that "bar" indicators on devices indicate the strength of a signal, but not network congestion or integrity, which can impact application performance. For personal Wi-Fi connections, we recommend restarting your internet modem and router in the event a network conflict is occurring even if other devices are working properly.
MiLB.com Customer Service
If you have any questions or require troubleshooting assistance while watching MiLB games, please contact Customer Service online or call us toll-free at 866-244-2291.
If you have questions regarding your At Bat or MLB.TV subscription, please contact MLB Customer Service.